Note 5 vs S6

bplink95

May 25, 2014
Visit site
Interesting observation from that article:

"Though the Galaxy S6 Edge+ has that fancy curved screen, it doesn't really add anything to the experience of looking at images or watching videos. In fact, it actually detracts from it, because the edges refract more light: the sides of the screen almost always contain some minor reflections."

I've not had this issue. I enjoy watching netflix on my s6e plus over my galaxy tab s 8.4 because of the screen.

Posted via the Android Central App

scassel

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Had the note 4. Switched to the note edge. IMHO, the jury is still out on the edge display. It is sort of a gimmick in my mind. I know I will get crucified for that statement but that's my opinion. I now have the note 5 and there will be no looking back for me. No more edge screens either ☺

Eddster

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Had the note 4. Switched to the note edge. IMHO, the jury is still out on the edge display. It is sort of a gimmick in my mind. I know I will get crucified for that statement but that's my opinion. I now have the note 5 and there will be no looking back for me. No more edge screens either ☺

I had a Note 4 Edge briefly and thought it was so uncomfortable to hold. The Note 5 nailed it on "feeling in hand."

Android Curious

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
I honestly don't understand the appeal of the edge. Just my opinion, nothing more. Between the two I would personally choose the Note 5. Although I still don't know how much I'd actually use the pen.

dmlv

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Anyone prefer the S6 ??

No!..
Seriously, only if you like the smaller form factor. The Note if basically a larger s6 with added s pen feature and battery one would have expected in the s6...
My opinion but that is why I sold my s6 for the note 5

Dhanikz

Oct 20, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys.

I spent some time at Best Buy playing with the Note 5 yesterday. Coming from an iPhone 6 the Note 5 seemed a little big (just a smidge) so I wondered if the S6 might be better for me?

Other than the obvious differences (size and s-pen) how do these two phones compare and differ? What makes the Note 5 better than the S6 (or vice versa)?

Thanks!
Since you are coming from an iPhone, if you are looking for similar functionality on a same size phone with much more customizability than the iPhone, s6 would be good.
If you dig the functionality of the spen and the added functions then get the note. Even though the note 5 is big compared to s6 and iPhone it fits really well in the hand. Much much better than the s6 edge.
I love everything about this phone. Only other thing I want in it is a SD card. Sadly I can't have it.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I think the battery life of the S6 would put him off Android.

The iPhone has really good battery life. The Note could hold its own a bit better in my opinion

Android Curious

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
If you dig the functionality of the spen and the added functions then get the note.
Hard to say since I've never had one or even used one before. But I do like the concept.

I think the battery life of the S6 would put him off Android. The iPhone has really good battery life. The Note could hold its own a bit better in my opinion
That's a good point. I wouldn't want my first Android phone to be a disappointment.

Kilgore Trout

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I had a Samsung S4 which was a fantastic phone. Wanted the s6 badly. Got scared of by the battery life and got the note instead. It's a great phone and I love it. It's really big though and that is and adjustment.

vtpmt81

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys.

I spent some time at Best Buy playing with the Note 5 yesterday. Coming from an iPhone 6 the Note 5 seemed a little big (just a smidge) so I wondered if the S6 might be better for me?

Other than the obvious differences (size and s-pen) how do these two phones compare and differ? What makes the Note 5 better than the S6 (or vice versa)?

Thanks!

Other than size and S-Pen - The Note 5 has better battery life, is easier to hold due to the chamfered edges on the back, has fast wireless charging, and has more RAM (unfortunately Samsung's RAM management negates the usefulness of more RAM).

I would go Note 5 over S6 all day unless you just can't deal with the size of the Note 5.