Launched Samsung pay cause I'm persistent.

Chase bank is now supported by Samsung pay!!!!

Posted via the Android Central App
    Matt Behnken likes this.
    11-23-2015 01:17 AM
    Added my Chase card this morning. Now I have Amex and Chase to choose from. Great addition.
    11-23-2015 03:37 AM
    Was so glad to hear they added Chase. I added my card and stopped by the grocery store on the way home for a few things. Too bad it works no better than Google Pay did. IE it does not. Tried 3 times while others in line scowled at me. Ended up digging my wallet out and doing it the old fashioned way.

So much for the new tech actually making phone payment something useful.

If the system does not work at least 99.9% (same as normal credit cards) its a failure as it cannot be relied upon.

Oh well, maybe in a few more years some other tech will actually make this work.
    11-24-2015 06:50 PM
    Was so glad to hear they added Chase. I added my card and stopped by the grocery store on the way home for a few things. Too bad it works no better than Google Pay did. IE it does not. Tried 3 times while others in line scowled at me. Ended up digging my wallet out and doing it the old fashioned way.

If the system does not work at least 99.9% (same as normal credit cards) its a failure as it cannot be relied upon.

Oh well, maybe in a few more years some other tech will actually make this work.
    So far it's worked everywhere for me. I've been using it everyday all over the place since the 1st of this month. Over 50 transactions. I think that's pretty good...
    Today used it in home depot. Worked flawless..

Posted via Note 5 64GB AT&T
    11-24-2015 07:06 PM
    So far, I'm 50/50. Worked great at Wal-Mart, but at a local grocery store got the message "Cannot Read Card" and it locked up the terminal. Yeah, that made me real popular. Had to hurry and dig out the card and swipe it real quick. I don't know if I did something wrong or not. The first time using it was a success, and then did the same procedure at the grocery story and failed. I want this to work so badly!
    yarnsrj likes this.
    11-25-2015 05:11 PM
    Never had an issue with it. Have used it pretty extensively now and have never had pull out NY wallet embarrassed.

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-25-2015 05:40 PM

Dude, I've used my citibank debit card over 200 times at countless types of places from gas stations, grocery stores, auto parts stores, small convenience stores, basically anywhere and everywhere I used to use my actual debit card. This last weekend was the only time it didn't work and it was at a Bath & Body Works store...they tried it twice as debit and then I had them run it as credit and it went through.

So for me (and I assume the majority of people), it works 99.99% of the time. I guess you are the 0.01% but don't go spreading misinformation because of it.
    11-25-2015 05:47 PM
    Dude, I've used my citibank debit card over 200 times at countless types of places from gas stations, grocery stores, auto parts stores, small convenience stores, basically anywhere and everywhere I used to use my actual debit card. This last weekend was the only time it didn't work and it was at a Bath & Body Works store...they tried it twice as debit and then I had them run it as credit and it went through.

So for me (and I assume the majority of people), it works 99.99% of the time. I guess you are the 0.01% but don't go spreading misinformation because of it.
    Here's just a few transactions. The ones that say "tambro" are a new food place called Taco Bell.

Please tell me again how it doesn't work?

Posted from my Galaxy Note 5
    Attached Thumbnails Samsung Pay-screenshot_2015-11-25-15-50-46.jpg  
    11-25-2015 05:53 PM
    I'm 2 out of 2, no issues. Faster than I expected.
    11-25-2015 08:25 PM
    I just bought mine yesterday, and wanted to get the free $100 offer at Samsung.com for signing up for Pay.
    Just signed up and waiting for my approval.
    11-26-2015 09:16 AM
    A couple of times it hasn't worked for me but for the most part it has worked great. I love it when the cashier says that their card readers aren't set up yet to use phones to pay, and then it goes through and you see the disbelief on their face!
    11-26-2015 10:18 AM
    Citibank card successful so far at BJs. American express not successful anywhere. No luck with either card using SP at 3 different Walmarts at all. My financial institutions say everything is fine on their end. I'll contact SP next.
    08-07-2016 03:53 PM
    The POS terminals determine how well it works. Some are better than others. Ingenico's terminals are the most problematic. There is only one brand of terminals where it hasn't worked: Breadcrumb. You need to swipe it slowly across the read heads.
    08-07-2016 04:52 PM