Will new Gear VR work with Note 5 (Model SM-920-C) purchased from Amazon.com?

A

AC Question

Will new Gear VR work with Note 5 (Model SM-920-C) purchased from Amazon.com

Hi. I have purchased (pre-ordered) the new Gear VR from Amazon.com. It's yet to be delivered. I am wondering if it will work with my Note-5 (unlocked) purchased in UAE. Model number SM-920C.

I saw that updates for GearVR are being rolled out by T-mobile. I have not yet received any update from Samsung.

John Ball1

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
Re: Will new Gear VR work with Note 5 (Model SM-920-C) purchased from Amazon.com

There is a Note 5 version of the Gear VR. Be prepared for Note 5 to overheat after 25-30 minutes and shut itself down.

Posted via the Android Central App

maf113

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
Re: Will new Gear VR work with Note 5 (Model SM-920-C) purchased from Amazon.com

I have the Gear VR for the Note 5. Yes the phone gets warm/hot. I was able to watch a full movie on Netflix and the phone did not shut down. I left the cover off so don't know if that makes a difference.
Play a movie on a virtual screen that is larger than life is amazing. The Netflix app puts you in a mountain cabin, but also allows you to set a screen only environment. Just look up and select the void option.
I have an IMAX video of the space station in 3rd and it is awesome when set to 360 view.

Posted via the Android Central App