Note 5 cable quite poor.

Bluering

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
The thin USB cable that comes in the box with the Note 5 seems to be of a poor quality. If I plug it to my new Samsung fast wireless charger, it does not charge properly. I have another two cables the thick ones and one is from my ex-S5, and those cables work without any problem. Talked to a Samsung person on chat line explaining the issue, I can’t believe, I was told I must take the phone and the cable to their technician which is a bit far away from my place. I explained that the two other cables are working well and it is only that thin cable which is causing problem and it is only one week old, but no avail.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
I have 3 of the Samsung cables for the Note 5 and 2 generic ones. No problem fast charging at all.

Posted via the Android Central App

TV417

Oct 31, 2015
Visit site
I agree with you. I was having problems with the fact charging, and soon as I changed to my old cable, it works fine.

Posted via the Android Central App

Bluering

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
3 cables? Are you talking about the thin one that comes in the box? Well the phone comes with only one cable in the box, you can't have three cables out of the box.

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
How can you tell if it's fast charging beside clocking the charge time? Any indication on the screen?

When you plug in the phone the status bar will show "Charger Connected" initially and will scroll to say "Fast Charging" immediately after.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
3 cables? Are you talking about the thin one that comes in the box? Well the phone comes with only one cable in the box, you can't have three cables out of the box.

I have the one from the box the phone came in and I have purchased 2 wireless chargers that come with the same cable as the phone, so yes it is possible that I have 3 cables out of the box. None of which have any issues charging.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markizta