10 best smartphones to buy now

cjwaipahu

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone seen this article? It's posted by iPhone hacks. Obviously it's a bias article. The author has not say its ranking order though he puts the iPhone 6 plus ahead of the note. LOL.

Sorry I can post a link to the article since I'm still a newbie on the forum I need to post at least 10 posting before I can do that

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I think the Note 5 is the most feature rich smartphone. I've never been able to do so much with one device. I am truly happy with it.

Note in my house!

sfla99

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
I am one of these people who use both platforms and have bought jut about every flagship android device in 2015 including the Note 5, but it's pretty obvious why iPhones rank among the best and it's not about features or being able to use nova and skin your home page layout with custom icons and widgets, it's actually a very simple set of reasons.

- Quality build

- Great screen, sure it's not the note 5s but it's damn good even non amoled, it's sharp vibrant and gets crazy bright in the sun.

- Battery, while the note 5 is a bit of the exception when it comes to android phones, the batteries are usually suspect at best. iPhone plus models have generally given best in class performance and stand bye time is a non issue like android.

- iMessage, this is not so easily dismissed when 80% of every one you know uses it, and no, SMS can not compete especially when you factor in things like answering calls or text messages on laptops, desktops or iPads, plus the ability to easily send full resolution video and images.

- iOS, sure it's boring, yea it can't be customized and every one who owns an iPhone looks the same, but I don't think it's as important as we make it out to be for every one, the over all software quality, fluidity of the experience and general performance optimizations of the platform outweigh the ability to use an icon pack for many.

There is clearly more but I think this is probably what drives most people to the platform versus android alternatives.

Plus you have to admit, the fragmentation of android and every carrier and oem screwing with builds to make it their own is just obnoxious and hurts the end consumer in terms of devise upgrades.

Cheers

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
iOS is 'opaque' to me. I like widgets. Not alot just a calendar, stock market indices, sports teams/schedule and weather. iOS doesn't even have a temp notification. Something so simple yet I missed it. For me the bottom line is essential information is always there, you are reminded of it in persistent widgets while the iPhone always requires an action. I feel like I have a handset of icons rather than information. And contrary to popular belief it is not without glitches. My keyboard constantly disappearing. Probably due to memory problems. Safari grinding to a halt when loading. Amazon searches launching the Amazon app from the browser. You can't buy an Amazon ebook within the iOS ecosystem. And BTW swiping sucks on an iPhone. I owned a Plus for nine months. It goes on Craigslist on Friday.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I am one of these people who use both platforms and have bought jut about every flagship android device in 2015 including the Note 5, but it's pretty obvious why iPhones rank among the best and it's not about features or being able to use nova and skin your home page layout with custom icons and widgets, it's actually a very simple set of reasons.

- Quality build

- Great screen, sure it's not the note 5s but it's damn good even non amoled, it's sharp vibrant and gets crazy bright in the sun.

- Battery, while the note 5 is a bit of the exception when it comes to android phones, the batteries are usually suspect at best. iPhone plus models have generally given best in class performance and stand bye time is a non issue like android.

- iMessage, this is not so easily dismissed when 80% of every one you know uses it, and no, SMS can not compete especially when you factor in things like answering calls or text messages on laptops, desktops or iPads, plus the ability to easily send full resolution video and images.

- iOS, sure it's boring, yea it can't be customized and every one who owns an iPhone looks the same, but I don't think it's as important as we make it out to be for every one, the over all software quality, fluidity of the experience and general performance optimizations of the platform outweigh the ability to use an icon pack for many.

There is clearly more but I think this is probably what drives most people to the platform versus android alternatives.

Plus you have to admit, the fragmentation of android and every carrier and oem screwing with builds to make it their own is just obnoxious and hurts the end consumer in terms of devise upgrades.

Cheers

I will agree with this and add some things. Regarding carriers and their impact on the OS, it can be a significant issue. Especially when considering that some carriers exclude awesome features. The iPhone also is tops when it comes to accessories.

Note in my house!

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
The key iphone problem to me is the lack of a file manager. This means it is impossible to reply to an email with a Word, Excel, nor PDF which are commonly used it virtually all work environments. To do it you must first upload all your files to dropbox or icloud or google drive but none of those are secure enough for sensitive data. I really don't see how so many people use iphones for work. They're fine for fun and games and showing off and sending fun messages to your little friends but just not good communication tools.

RichardJTesla

Oct 11, 2015
Visit site
The key iphone problem to me is the lack of a file manager. This means it is impossible to reply to an email with a Word, Excel, nor PDF which are commonly used it virtually all work environments. To do it you must first upload all your files to dropbox or icloud or google drive but none of those are secure enough for sensitive data. I really don't see how so many people use iphones for work. They're fine for fun and games and showing off and sending fun messages to your little friends but just not good communication tools.

Well there must be something you are missing, because a ton of businesses use them.

dcooper830

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
It's a good list... although if I were to change.one thing, I would make the iPhone 6s+ no.2 and the Note 5 no. 1.

But that's just me. The Note 5 is my personal favorite of ALL the phones out right now. But I think the 6s+ is amazing as well! I like the 3d touch they've added to iPhone. That's a big step forward in terms of greater functionality.

One thing though... they erroneously stated 3gb ram in the Note 5... but it has 4, as we all know... lol.

One of the many things I like about my Note 5 is that it's the first Android phone I've had that's as fast and fluid as an iPhone! I've had it for 2 months now and I'm extremely happy with it!

My only gripe is.. I wish there were a 128gb version available .... and in Gold... I had to settle for a 64gb in black sapphire. . Which which bothers me, but only a little.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
There's no mention of any Moto phones on this list. Everyone has their own preferences in what is important to them in a phone. Granted, the top 2 seem to have almost everything you would look for in a phone. However, some would argue that the Nexus 6p should be #1 and it's nowhere near the top of this list.

barondebxl

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I have owned the 6S, 6S plus, Note 5, G4, S6 and nexus 6P just recently. Here is my honest top (5 I guess):

1. Note 5 (Just so feature packed, almost zero compromise device).

2. Nexus 6P (beautiful design, very fluid interface and lots of development support)

3. IPhone 6S and 6S plus (A phone that just works the way it is supposed to with many quality apps)

4. Galaxy S6 (smaller version of the note 5 minus the Spen)

5.Moto X pure edition (customizable body, best bang for buck phone out there).

Honorable mention (Strictly for the camera): LG G4. The G4 has a great camera and does offer a removable battery and expandable store, but damn that phone lags, gets hot and has way too many touch screen issues.

tubbz the bull

Oct 5, 2015
Visit site
There's no mention of any Moto phones on this list. Everyone has their own preferences in what is important to them in a phone. Granted, the top 2 seem to have almost everything you would look for in a phone. However, some would argue that the Nexus 6p should be #1 and it's nowhere near the top of this list.

I was thinkin the same. However i feel like the n6p should b number 1 2goes to the iphone and 3 to the note 5 only because the note5 didnt stay in its lane and tries to case the iphone. But as far as quality and features its number 1

Posted via the Android Central App

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I was thinkin the same. However i feel like the n6p should b number 1 2goes to the iphone and 3 to the note 5 only because the note5 didnt stay in its lane and tries to case the iphone. But as far as quality and features its number 1

Posted via the Android Central App

I don't get that. Why is the Note 5 behind the Nexus and iPhone?

Note in my house!

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Note 5 and Nexus are really not phones you should compare imo. Nexus is best if your priority is pure android. Note 5 is better if you want most possible built in features (although imo they have dumped some of the best ones). Neither are comparable to iPhone which is an entirely different kettle of fish.

I think iPhone is better if you just want a phone that works and can play games and keep up with social media.(and do not care about making your phone different than everyone elses) I think Nexus is best if speed and complete control are more important than features. Note 5 is better if you like to use a stylus and some of the many Sammy features. I don't see an objective way to rate one over the others.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

Well there must be something you are missing, because a ton of businesses use them.

My managers have problems viewing attachments on their iPhone 6+. I have to remember to put in the message what is on the attachment. And one has had just about every apple phone (except the newest) and iPad out there. He's big time in the apple eco system and knows how to use it. He was even complaining another department had Mac's and wondered why we didn't.

ETA: One of those managers was watching over my shoulder as I was using the Spen to write on a PDF he sent for a meeting. I missed it at my desk and didn't print for the meeting (opps).