why does it take the free Samsung wireless charger almost 5 & half hours
    to charge from 5% to 100%? (free as in the one Samsung gives you for
    signing up for Samsung Pay)

I have two Verizon Note 5 phones and I registered both, so I received 2
    of these chargers. I do realize that they are not the "fast charge" wireless
    chargers from Samsung, but 5 and half hours seem really long.... or am I
    ranting about a 1st world problem?
    11-24-2015 04:40 PM
    Wireless charging loses current when charging -- They never really are built for speed. More for convenience.

As for Samsung's fast one I hear it is faster but it still won't beat cord / regular charging.
    11-24-2015 04:51 PM
    Wireless charging loses current when charging -- They never really are built for speed. More for convenience.

As for Samsung's fast one I hear it is faster but it still won't beat cord / regular charging.
    The fast charger is very close. About 20-25 mins different from the wire. The slow wireless shouldn't take more than 3 hours. Did you plug it into the USB port for power?

Posted via Note 5 64GB AT&T
    11-24-2015 05:16 PM
    The fast charger is very close. About 20-25 mins different from the wire. The slow wireless shouldn't take more than 3 hours. Did you plug it into the USB port for power?

Posted via Note 5 64GB AT&T
    Yeah, make sure you are plugging it in with the included wall-wart, not through USB ported device as they don't push the required 5V/2A to make it work properly.

-Cheers
    LTA1 likes this.
    11-24-2015 05:39 PM
    Were you using the phone when charging?
    11-24-2015 05:41 PM
    Were you using the phone when charging?
    to be accurate, I always turn off both Note 5 phones completely when charging. (turning them off when they're down to 5%)

I got the same result using both the Note 5's original fast charging USB charger, as wellas the Samsung 2A USB charger that came with the Samsung free "slow" wireless charger.
    11-24-2015 05:45 PM
    why does it take the free Samsung wireless charger almost 5 & half hours
    to charge from 5% to 100%? (free as in the one Samsung gives you for
    signing up for Samsung Pay)

I have two Verizon Note 5 phones and I registered both, so I received 2
    of these chargers. I do realize that they are not the "fast charge" wireless
    chargers from Samsung, but 5 and half hours seem really long.... or am I
    ranting about a 1st world problem?
    Because they're garbage. At least yours charge. Mine will only charge for about 10 minutes, then it's done
    11-24-2015 07:15 PM
    I just got mine today. I know that it's not a fast charge, and to get the fastest charging I'll have to plug it in.

I did chat with my pal the google fanboy, and he said some of the fast chargers just charge fast part way, to say 50-80%, then begin to trickle. Something about preventing overcharging, something I thought wasn't necessary with current rechargeable batteries.

I will return the Sony QI wireless charger that I grabbed at Verizon for $50, as there isn't a rebate coming for purchasing a non-Samsung device.

Also need to check out Qualcomm vs VoltIQ for a new fast charging car charger and maybe 4/5 port desktop charge station. New thread in a few.
    11-24-2015 07:28 PM
    I have found that if you use a different USB cable than the one it came with that fast charging will work just about every single time, regardless off the charge percentage on your Note 5.

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-24-2015 09:09 PM
    In my experience, the wireless charging kit of samsung for s5 charges twice the time compared to wired charging... 2hours on wall charging, almost 4 hours charging on the wireless kit. I have an app called gsam battery monitor, and through this, i can see the comparison. I charge at night, and when i get up, i check the graph.

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-29-2016 01:07 PM