I was going to purchase a Sastel version of the Note 5, however it is 32gb only and I want 64gb and ideally White, but I can live with black.

Now, I am faced with just purchasing a phone outright for whatever price and having it shipped to Canada.

What is the best version to purchase? I am not sure if I am going to root it or not, but I know from my current Samsung S4, there are versions to own and not own. For example, I had the Canadian variant of the i337m (S4) which was easy too root. The AT&T version was a *****.

I was looking at the International Version, which seems solid: SM-N920i
    I was also reading about a Dual Sim version, which would also be awesome if there are no trade offs.

For those of you in the know, please recommend what version to purchase or at least, what to stay away from.

Thanks guys.
    11-26-2015 07:02 PM
    Not sure about the model numbers but bear in mind that repairs are very complicated with an international version depending on where you buy it from... the other thing to consider is that if and when Samsung Pay comes to Canada you won't be able to use it on your model.

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-26-2015 07:07 PM
    Really depends on what LTE bands you need for the carrier you use. The G, I and dual sim 9208 are all available unlocked and I believe root is available all of them. The AT&T and Verizon models cannot be rooted at this time and likely won't be because of a Knox feature that basically bricks the phone if rooted. The T Mobile version may be an option for you but again it depends on the bands you need. Also, the T Mobile version would be sim locked to the carrier if bought new and you would have to jump through their hoops to get it sim unlocked. Here's a website that provides specs for each model and includes frequencies.
    Samsung Phones and Smartphones - Phone More
    11-26-2015 07:14 PM
    Sasktel is CDMA, and uses 1700MHz LTE. The P version should work and if you look at Sprint Galaxy Note5 Android Development - XDA Forums you'll see that it's been rooted. (Only A and V versions of Samsung phones have Knox, and they CAN be rooted.)
    11-26-2015 08:28 PM