Hi All,
    I bought a new Note 5 on November 2nd from an ATT retail store and that device turned out to be defective(Signal/Call drops when I hold the phone in certain ways). I exchanged the phone for another Note 5 on 16th November as it was still under the 14 day policy and now it turns out that I am having the same issue with the new Note 5 device as well. I went back to ATT store today assuming that I am still within the new 14 day period as I took the 2nd device on 16th November(I confirmed this via calling ATT customer service) and tried to return the device only to be told by the corporate store employees that the 14 day period is only from the original purchase date(2nd Nov) but not from the exchange date(16th Nov). I called up again the ATT customer service right from the corporate store who again confirmed to me that I would have until 30th to return the device based on my exchange date and so to avoid further confusion I made the customer representative on phone to talk to the corporate store manager and I was finally informed by the customer representative that I am no longer under the standard 14 day policy based on her discussions with the manager at the store. She offered to exchange the device under warranty but am not sure if that will still solve the issue.

Has any one previously was under similar situation as me? If so was I rightly informed about the 14 day policy? Your help is appreciated.

Thanks,
    DR
    11-27-2015 06:22 PM
    I was always told the return period is 14 days from the initial purchase. If you return/exchange a phone within that period, the 14 days don't restart.
    H3aTeRzz likes this.
    11-27-2015 06:53 PM
    Thanks for the reply. Just wanted to confirm.
    11-27-2015 09:27 PM
    I used to work for AT&T and yes, the 14 days is from the original date of purchase and does not restart once you exchange it.

Also, if you are having the same issues with 2 different phones then it sounds more like an issue in your area and maybe not with the phones.

Did they change the SIM card when they gave you the new phone or did they use the old one? If they didn't replace it and just used the old one, try going back and getting a new SIM.
    11-27-2015 10:43 PM
    What is the problem you are having?
    11-28-2015 06:25 AM
    I was not paying attention to the SIM card while I was exchanging the phone. I will get a new SIM and see if it works out fine. Thanks for the reply.
    11-28-2015 02:10 PM
    I was always told the return period is 14 days from the initial purchase. If you return/exchange a phone within that period, the 14 days don't restart.
    That is correct and I assume it's that way to prevent a customer from potentially exchanging their phone every 14 days for perpetuity.

Note in my house!
    11-28-2015 02:21 PM
    What is the problem you are having?
    It's more or less similar to the antenna gate issue iphone users had couple of years back. When I hold the phone with my left hand in certain angles(sometimes with right hand as well) the connection goes almost like on hold where people on both sides of the call cannot hear either of us. The call gets back to normal as soon as I change the way how I hold the phone or switching hands. There seems to be no pattern with this and it was hard to replicate. I have tried disabling HD Voice setting and that did not improve the situation. Any suggestion apart from trying a new SIM?
    11-28-2015 02:24 PM