Approximately 2 weeks ago, my phone started having issues where no one could hear me talk. Google talk would also not recognize any voice commands. I noticed it was right after a major app upgrade for S Voice. I uninstalled the update for S Voice, then disabled the software, restarted ,my phone and it worked fine. A couple days later, S Voice got reinstalled again and I had a similar issue. Since then I have disabled it and turned off auto update for my Play Store Apps. The phone was working fine again. Today I went to make a call and the same problem exists again. I know this is somehow software related and not hardware because of prior fixes above. Anyone else having this same issue? What good is a phone if you cannot talk on it.

BTW, I called Samsung and their support was TOTALLY useless. The lady had not clue what to do or even where to start.

Any suggestions? I would hate to have to do a full reset on my phone if I can avoid it.
    11-29-2015 04:12 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Have you already tried wiping the cache partition? https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-23240
    11-30-2015 01:29 PM
    I had the same problem and all I had to do was press to shut down and tap "restart" instead. Then I could hear and be heard on calls.
    01-20-2016 11:33 PM
    Most likely this is because the protocol that sends the mic channel is locked by another app or hangs or falls to start . Sometimes it works over Bluetooth but not headset or speaker phone.

It's a coding bug ... it should be able to determine it is not connecting properly and throw an error.

Sometimes I had this happen with Verizon where the call places but it's not connected. Or one party isn't connected. When that happens I hear my voice echo but no other person. This tells me that the issue is connection if the phone system (Verizon att or major carrior) can have the same issue.
    The app needs to clear the audio pathways and reacquire a lock and transmission before placing call
    03-30-2016 03:05 PM
    Most likely this is because the protocol that sends the mic channel is locked by another app or hangs or falls to start . Sometimes it works over Bluetooth but not headset or speaker phone.

It's a coding bug ... it should be able to determine it is not connecting properly and throw an error.

Sometimes I had this happen with Verizon where the call places but it's not connected. Or one party isn't connected. When that happens I hear my voice echo but no other person. This tells me that the issue is connection if the phone system (Verizon att or major carrior) can have the same issue.
    The app needs to clear the audio pathways and reacquire a lock and transmission before placing call
    07-10-2016 07:33 PM
    Same thing on mine
    02-06-2017 04:45 PM