Moved from Z30 to a Note5 - How do I get the rest to follow?

BerryInteresting

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Good evening everyone, thank you for indulging my question. My apologies in advance for any ignorance and redundancy in my question. I did do some research on this site and tried a few things before posting, but either I have gone soft or I have chosen one of the harder things in life to do.

I just bought a Galaxy Note 5 and need to transfer my Contacts and my Calendar from my Blackberry Z30. I saw suggestions here on the site and looked into some. Suffice it to say that I have lost two days and have not successfully transferred either the contacts or the calendar.

Are there any known, foolproof methods out there or do I kiss off the past and move forward if I want to keep this phone?

Thank you for your help.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Good evening everyone, thank you for indulging my question. My apologies in advance for any ignorance and redundancy in my question. I did do some research on this site and tried a few things before posting, but either I have gone soft or I have chosen one of the harder things in life to do.

I just bought a Galaxy Note 5 and need to transfer my Contacts and my Calendar from my Blackberry Z30. I saw suggestions here on the site and looked into some. Suffice it to say that I have lost two days and have not successfully transferred either the contacts or the calendar.

Are there any known, foolproof methods out there or do I kiss off the past and move forward if I want to keep this phone?

Thank you for your help.
Welcome to Android Central! Aside from the contacts issue, I hope you are enjoying your Note 5 and the world of Android. Regarding you question, take a look at this how-to: http://forums.androidcentral.com/general-help-how/141534-blackberry-user-s-guide-android.html

There is a discussion to sync contacts and calendar with Google, which is what you want to do. Another helpful tip is to get Samsung Kies: Samsung Kies, Free Download Kies 3, Latest PC Suite, Mobile Software, Window 7 PC

It's a desktop client that will help you backup and transfer media to and from your Note 5. For ease of finding, I have also copy/pasted the section related to transferring contacts and calendar below, but be sure to visit the above page for more useful information.

Your Contacts and Calendars
Sync your Blackberry contacts and calendar to Gmail if you don't already (details):
1. Point your BlackBerry browser to: Google Sync and tap the Download Google Sync link and download.

2. After installation, tap the Google Sync icon on your home screen and log in.3. Click the Sync Now button at the bottom of the Welcome screen.
Be patient; let the synchronization run in the background as you perform other tasks on your BlackBerry.

BerryInteresting

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Thank you for your reply. As I mentioned above I had zero luck with the Smart Switch, though I will take a look at the link you provided and see if I can do better. Also, my daughter had suggested the Google export / import route as well, so again, I will follow your link and give it a try.

Thank you for your help, I appreciate it. Have a good evening!

BerryInteresting

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Good evening srkmagnus, and thank you for taking the time to give me your detailed reply. Apparently I trashed my previous reply to you so I will get to do it all over again. Life is good! So far I am enjoying the Note5, it is a pretty awesome device, but in order to make it truly useful I need to fully transfer my contacts and calendar without manually re-entering it all. For me this a work tool, and it must do that first and foremost.

I will take some to time to read over the material you have linked me to. The user guide looks useful for a droid newbie like myself, but the other link did not come up. My security settings may be too high, I will try again. I did mess with Smart Switch etc. with out success. I did not think Kies applied to me, and it appeared that the odds of finding an OTG cable locally were slim and none.

My daughter had also suggested the Google route. I will definitely be checking that out, thank you for the lead.

I appreciate your help, and I will let you know how I make out. Have a good evening.
BerryInteresting...