How can I sync my calendar from my old Note 4?

David Rosen

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Calendar Sync from old Note 4

My girlfriend just upgraded from a Note 4 to a Note 5. None of her Calendar events are showing up.

Nothing was set to NOT sync at all on the old phone. There's no reason I can see that they wouldn't be synced. Her contacts, messages, call logs... Everything restored. Not the calendar.

Freaking out here... Any one have any idea? This is a HUGE problem... Jesus christ...

And of course no, we don't have the old phone. It was traded in for the new phone.

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Re: Calendar Sync from old Note 4

There are 2 calendars, the Google calendar and the Samsung calendar.
The Samsung calendar doesn't sync with Google it syncs with Samsung.
If she's using the Samsung calendar it needs a Samsung account to sync it.

What I did for my brother was install an app to export the Samsung calendar, then imported it into Google.

David Rosen

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site

yea unfortunately i knew that, and i wish i had done that before she traded in the phone... however it was definitely set to sync with samsung's account... but it's simply not restoring... i hate that the samsung calendar is a thing. i freaking hate it. this is so terrible.

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site

May help to contact Samsung support and see if they can help to get the restore backup restore working. If the Note 4 was plugged into Kies or Smart Switch and backed up, then that may be an option to see if the local device Samsung calendar could be restored.

David Rosen

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site

Yea I ended up contacting them last night. Nothing though. Neither of us ever backup with a wire either, all cloud, always.

The good news is she spent a couple hours rebuilding her calendar from various e-mails and messages and texts... Hopefully she got everything. AND she's on google calendar now (I actually went in and HID the stupid samsung calendar haha). Ridiculous.

Thanks.

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site

Yea I ended up contacting them last night. Nothing though. Neither of us ever backup with a wire either, all cloud, always.

The good news is she spent a couple hours rebuilding her calendar from various e-mails and messages and texts... Hopefully she got everything. AND she's on google calendar now (I actually went in and HID the stupid samsung calendar haha). Ridiculous.

Thanks.

I use the OEM calendar on my Notes 3, 4, and 5 and add both the Samsung and Gmail accounts. This provides backup to both clouds and allows restoring and moving the gmail calendar from phone to phone using the OEM calendar. I prefer the OEM calendar because of the added features optimized for the Samsung phones including opening it in a window.

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
How do I set up Google calendar with my note 5 and I paid air 2.,

The article below looks like it has some information that may help.
https://support.google.com/calendar/answer/151674

Google also has a Calendar app that works on Android and iOS, so if you want to use that instead of the native iPad Air 2 and Note 5 calendars; then that's also possible and the calendars will stay in sync once setup.

Or, on your iPad Air 2, you could just use Safari and sign into Google Calendar that way. This is probably not what you are wanting to do, but mentioning as an option.