I've only had my phone for a few days now, I've been switching between the Diztronic and Ringke Slim case both purchased from Amazon. But in between switching cases i've noticed these very tiny scratches/chips? on the bezel/border of the phone. Anyone else experiencing this? They aren't big per say but still bugs me knowing that i have them there after such a short amount of time.
    11-30-2015 01:27 PM
    I've only had my phone for a few days now, I've been switching between the Diztronic and Ringke Slim case both purchased from Amazon. But in between switching cases i've noticed these very tiny scratches/chips? on the bezel/border of the phone. Anyone else experiencing this? They aren't big per say but still bugs me knowing that i have them there after such a short amount of time.
    No, I check it all the time. I was very worried about that when I got a case. Which is the reason in got a TPU case. I also have a skinomi clear skin and take the case on and off every other day.
    I had a hard plastic case on my S5 and it destroyed my phone bezel, to the point I should have just had the phone without a case. It would have been better off. It's the dirty that gets in between the case and the phone that does it.

But having the glass note 5 all the time without a case it very risky.

Posted via Note 5 64GB AT&T
    11-30-2015 02:13 PM
    so you would prefer TPU over plastic?
    11-30-2015 04:30 PM
    so you would prefer TPU over plastic?
    I did it because I carry the phone naked sometimes and the second reason I didn't want the dirt that gets between the screen protector and back glass to scratch it. The skin also goes around the sides of the phone which helps keep the case from scratching the edges by increasing the space between the phone and case. This space isn't visible to the eye. So no problem with aesthetics

11-30-2015 04:47 PM
    I use the Ringke slim case and I haven't noticed any scratches. Do they show up in any specific areas?

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-30-2015 05:12 PM
    I have no damage to my bezel/frame, and I use this phone without a case 75% of the time. The 7000 series aluminum on this thing has been tough, and very durable for me.

11-30-2015 08:59 PM
    mostly by the corners of the bezel, barely visible but still bothers me. very micro in size
    12-01-2015 06:17 PM
    Those hard Ringke slim fit cases ruined my galaxy note 4 metal frame. I ordered 3 different colors and after swapping a few times I noticed the scratches all around the frame of the Note 4. I ended up having to put tape just inside the frame of the case. I would imagine the same thing would happen with the Note 5. However, the aluminum frame of the Note 5 should be much less susceptible to this. I only use soft cases on my Note 5 like the Ringke crystal clear and spigen liquid crystal with not problems.

12-01-2015 09:08 PM
    I only use soft cases on my Note 5 like the Ringke crystal clear and spigen liquid crystal with not problems.

Spigen liquid crystal is what I use as well, zero scratches and the yes the note 4 is more susceptible to scratches from cases.

12-02-2015 12:06 AM