I'm coming from a blackberry 9930 (I know, I know). The Priv is a great phone, but it's missing certain contact group functionality that I need. Samsung's TouchWiz on Samsung (and also HTC's Sense) offer the group functionality I need. I've pretty much ruled out HTC b/c I've been down the road with a smartphone OEM whose financial situation grows progressively worse, and I have no desire to repeat that experience. As for the Samsung devices, I'm pretty torn between the S6 or the Note 5. The ONLY reason I hesitate about the Note 5 is it's size. My 9930 is about the size of a playing card. One handed use, and keeping it in my pocket, have long been the norm for me. Everything else about the 64 gig Note 5 seems incredible (although I'm not sure I'll use the S pen very much...could be wrong here). The S6 is the perfect size, but I've read a bunch about its battery and performance issues. Then, of course, there's waiting for the S7, which I'm assuming will resolve the battery and performance issues in the S6. Seems like the S7 is most likely to come at the end of March. Not thrilled with waiting...it's really time for me to transition to android from the old blackberry OS 7 system.

Hoping someone could help shed some light on how to best make this decision. I'm struggling with which way to go...

Oh...one last question...if I download Nova, does that change any of the functionality of the Samsung phone? In other words, if Samsung's contacts app and email app offer me the group functionality I need, would using Nova in any way modify that functionality?

Thanks.
    12-01-2015 11:41 AM
    both the S6 and Note 5 are fantastic phones.
    Have you held the note 5 in your hand? It actually does not feel that much bigger than the S6.
    Go to your local carrier and hold it and see if you can deal with the size. If you can get the Note 5, if not, the S6 is fine.
    I've never had any battery issues with it.
    12-01-2015 11:45 AM
    If I have to choose, I'll probably wait for the S7. There are already several reports that suggest Samsung will reverse its mistake and put a MicroSD card slot back on its flagship smartphones. (S7 and then the Note 6 next year)

However, if you have no need for MicroSD card slots, then defiintely get the Note 5 TODAY!
    12-01-2015 12:04 PM
    The ONLY reason I hesitate about the Note 5 is it's size.
    I hear ya. I wish the Note 5 were just a smidge smaller.
    12-01-2015 01:14 PM
    When you hold the note 5 directly, it doesn't feel that big. Before I owned my s5 and note 4, I owned a blackberry q10 and I feel the note 5 is not much of a jump in terms of size.

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-01-2015 02:42 PM
    When you hold the note 5 directly, it doesn't feel that big. Before I owned my s5 and note 4, I owned a blackberry q10 and I feel the note 5 is not much of a jump in terms of size.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Really, I went from a z10 to a S5 and the S5 felt huge. Fast forward a year and a half and the S5 didn't seem big enough and I was looking at the note 5 thinking how nice the big screen is to look at the web and emails, etc.. I did the jump. now, I can't ever go back to a smaller screen. The note 5 feels nice in the hand the screen is amazing, s pen is very nice plus, camera and battery is great.. you can't really go wrong. The note is a work horse.

Between the note 5 and S6. The larger screen with much better battery life and s pen is a better choice in in my opinion.

Good luck with your decision.

Posted via Note 5 64GB AT&T
    12-01-2015 02:55 PM
    The note 5 is an excellent choice. Nova works pretty well, I think that the only issue was one or two widgets not working.
    12-03-2015 02:27 PM
    I've been a die hard Blackberry fan since the 9900 days. I even bought the Priv. I tried to stick with BB, it just didn't work out. I also traded a BB Passport for a Galaxy s6 but I didn't like the battery life.

I returned the Priv for a Note 5 and couldn't be happier!

The battery life, screen, S-pen, etc...are just a few of the things that make it an awesome phone. I didn't think I'd use the S-pen much, but now I couldn't imagine using the Note 5 without it!
    12-04-2015 12:00 AM