what apps can I install on the Note 5 to prevent texts from being received while I'm driving?

thanks!
    12-01-2015 12:06 PM
    Depending on the carrier, there may already be an app on your phone for that. Att has drive mode. Not sure of the others.

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-01-2015 12:34 PM
    turn sound off and put the phone away? An app won't help your will power if that is the issue.
    12-01-2015 01:05 PM
    what apps can I install on the Note 5 to prevent texts from being received while I'm driving?

thanks!
    AT&T, Verizon and Sprint all make apps that will do what you are asking. AT&T and Sprint kick in automatically when you start driving over a certain speed (25 MPH for one, 10 MPH for the other). The Verizon app you have to manually start. I think the Verizon app will send back an automatic reply.

There are other apps out there too, this on is pretty decent: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...exting.driving

And kudos to you for making attempts to not be distracted while driving. I hope soon this feature is built into all phones and made mandatory.
    12-01-2015 01:25 PM

thanks!
    Just bring down your notification drawer and set your "Do Not Disturb" settings however you like... Unless they got rid of that function... I'm still with the powerhouse that is the Note 3 hehe

Scribbled with my S-Pen...
    NickA likes this.
    12-01-2015 01:31 PM
    Mandatory lock sucks. We have that on an app for work. If you are moving more than 10mph the app is locked. Unfortunately its also locked if youre a passenger too.
    12-01-2015 01:34 PM
    The Verizon app you have to manually start. I think the Verizon app will send back an automatic reply.
    Where can I find this Verizon app for my Verizon Note 5?

I did an online chat with a Verizon rep and she had no idea...

Thanks!
    12-01-2015 03:15 PM
    Where can I find this Verizon app for my Verizon Note 5?

I did an online chat with a Verizon rep and she had no idea...

Thanks!
    It's verizon messages, their texting app. You can also install car mode, I believe that's in the Samsung app store.

I don't use them so I can't tell you how well they work, I ignore my text until I get to a red light.
    12-01-2015 03:41 PM
    Apps will usually send an auto text to the sender to let them know that you are driving and can't communicate noe. I think that's what the op was wantng.

12-01-2015 04:50 PM
    It's verizon messages, their texting app. You can also install car mode, I believe that's in the Samsung app store.

I don't use them so I can't tell you how well they work, I ignore my text until I get to a red light.
    No wonder I didnt' seem them... I always disable or uninstall ALL Verizon or Samsung apps that can be disabled/uninstalled.

I don't pick up the phone to read the text... but I also hate hearing the notification... don't want to make the phone silent or have to mute it whenever I get into the car.(and un-mute when getting out of the car) Just want something that will automatically sense that I'm driving.
    12-01-2015 05:46 PM
    No wonder I didnt' seem them... I always disable or uninstall ALL Verizon or Samsung apps that can be disabled/uninstalled.

I don't pick up the phone to read the text... but I also hate hearing the notification... don't want to make the phone silent or have to mute it whenever I get into the car.(and un-mute when getting out of the car) Just want something that will automatically sense that I'm driving.
    The Verizon app can go into auto reply automatically if you pair with Bluetooth in your car

12-01-2015 06:10 PM
    The Verizon app can go into auto reply automatically if you pair with Bluetooth in your car

I assume the apps uses locations service and GPS data to figure out that I'm driving? If so, does it drain more battery life out of my Note 5?

Thanks!
    12-01-2015 06:20 PM
    I use Car Dashdroid app. It reads the message aloud and you can dictate your answer. You may use an autoresponse too, if you wish. It doesn't use GPS.
    NickA likes this.
    12-01-2015 08:49 PM
    if you pair your phone to your car, it will know when you pair to your car and change modes. not sure what it does if you don't pair your phone w/ your car (sorry!). you can put it in driving mode manually if you'd like. it's messages+ .. overall pretty good app considering it's verizon (well really someone who built it for them).
    12-01-2015 08:56 PM
    How can I do the opposite even if I'm sitting at the house on the phone I cannot hear my text message tone if I'm on the phone. Thanks
    12-08-2015 01:03 AM