I've never used anything but the standard theme and TouchWiz. I like the icons and TouchWiz has been flawless for me. I came from a Motorola Droid Turbo btw and used no launcher just raw android.

I recently downloaded and installed the material dark theme. So this theme basically uses the standard android icons as the droid but does it still use TouchWiz? Or does it take it to basic android?

And does the Material Dark help with battery life vs standard theme that is default?

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-02-2015 10:56 AM
    Yes, the themes are applied on TW. The darker themes do tend to help with the battery life as the amoled screens can take advantage of turning off individual LED's on the screen with the darker/black pictures.

Personally, I use the black themes like Balance or Cyber or Material Black as they are true "black" themes.

P.S. - although dark/black themes can help with battery life, don't expect unrealistic results. There are so many other factors that come into play that affect battery life.

Enjoy the best phone on the market and welcome 👍

Posted from my Galaxy Note 5
    anon(9228075) likes this.
    12-02-2015 11:41 AM
    Yes, the themes are applied on TW. The darker themes do tend to help with the battery life as the amoled screens can take advantage of turning off individual LED's on the screen with the darker/black pictures.

Personally, I use the black themes like Balance or Cyber or Material Black as they are true "black" themes.

P.S. - although dark/black themes can help with battery life, don't expect unrealistic results. There are so many other factors that come into play that affect battery life.

Enjoy the best phone on the market and welcome 👍

Posted from my Galaxy Note 5
    Thanks for the info.

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-02-2015 02:14 PM