Hi, what can I do with the S-Pen button beside activating the S-Pen menu and OCR? Is there any other function that I missed?
    12-03-2015 02:41 AM
    Hi, what can I do with the S-Pen button beside activating the S-Pen menu and OCR? Is there any other function that I missed?
    If you press and hold the s-pen button and double click on the screen you can open an action memo from any screen
    cliqck23, robonik and Mike_786 like this.
    12-03-2015 06:47 AM
    What all does it do? Besides the above. OCR?

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-03-2015 08:45 AM
    are u asking about OCR? OCR is Optical character recognition
    meaning after u wrote something in ur s-notge, u can press ur spen, select ur hand writing, and it will turn into digital alphabets numbers.
    anon(9228075) likes this.
    12-03-2015 09:14 PM
    you can press the S pen button and drag it over text like a mouse to select text and then save, share, etc. the highlighted text. You can also use it like a mouse to select blocks of text and select images as well. Feature I really appreciate for work.
    12-03-2015 09:43 PM
    you can press the S pen button and drag it over text like a mouse to select text and then save, share, etc. the highlighted text. You can also use it like a mouse to select blocks of text and select images as well. Feature I really appreciate for work.
    Thank you. . Didn't know those things

12-03-2015 10:26 PM
    So, I'm pressing the button on my SPen to activate the Air Command menu, but the menu isn't coming up. I can get there with the floating icon, but not with the button. Am I missing something?
    jmy7213 likes this.
    02-16-2016 06:37 AM
    Maybe its a setting? When I take the S-Pen out, I get the floating menu options, but after clicking on the screen with the S-Pen (makes the floating menu go away) I don't get the Air Command menu to appear by pressing the S-Pen button. I could be missing something, though.
    02-16-2016 06:44 AM
    Maybe its a setting? When I take the S-Pen out, I get the floating menu options, but after clicking on the screen with the S-Pen (makes the floating menu go away) I don't get the Air Command menu to appear by pressing the S-Pen button. I could be missing something, though.
    Same here, but if it's a setting, I can't find it. Plenty of ways to bring up the menu, but I thought the button was supposed to do it, and mine doesn't.
    02-16-2016 06:52 AM
    Never mind. You have to be "hovering" over the screen (meaning very close to the screen) when you press the button.
    02-16-2016 07:08 AM
    I think I remember that "hovering" was the way with the older Notes. I can't get anything to happen after taking the S-Pen out and tapping on the screen. Tapping on the screen (and not selecting any of the floating menu icons that initially pop up when detaching the pen) afterward does nothing.

I looked in Settings\Phone\S-Pen, but didn't see an option to enable the menu to re-appear upon clicking the S-Pen button. Maybe I'm imagining stuff now or mixing up what the older Notes/S-Pens could do.
    02-17-2016 06:00 AM
    Pressing the button while hovering only brings up the menu if you don't have it set up to come up automatically when you pull the pen out. That's the way I have it set up, otherwise you just have the hovering pen button on screen to quickly pull it up.
    02-17-2016 08:11 AM
    Pressing the button while hovering only brings up the menu if you don't have it set up to come up automatically when you pull the pen out. That's the way I have it set up, otherwise you just have the hovering pen button on screen to quickly pull it up.
    I may have been wrong, on mine, pressing the button while hovering will bring up the menu even when the floating icon is already there
    Trees and nickdeck like this.
    02-17-2016 06:39 PM
    Is there a setting to enable that? I must be overlooking it somewhere.
    02-18-2016 06:11 AM
    No setting that I know of, just be sure you have the tip of the pen VERY close to the screen. You should see a tiny circular cursor under it when it's in range.
    Trees likes this.
    02-18-2016 06:43 AM
    Best feature i like is selecting the text and also selecting images in gallery. Just press the button and drag the pen and selects them all.

02-18-2016 08:51 AM
    No setting that I know of, just be sure you have the tip of the pen VERY close to the screen. You should see a tiny circular cursor under it when it's in range.
    That was it. I wasn't holding the S-Pen close enough. I need to use the S-Pen more.
    02-19-2016 06:17 AM