All of a sudden yesterday my WiFi started dropping at home. I will be on the phone and all of a sudden it will say WiFi disconnected and literally couple of seconds later it connects right back.

This is my home WiFi and have never had any problem whatsoever. Does anyone know whats going on?

I would have thought that it was phone issue but it is doing same thing on mine and my wife's Note 5. Both started yesterday.
    12-03-2015 12:50 PM
    I would try to restart the modem and router
    12-03-2015 12:53 PM
    I would try to restart the modem and router
    Restarted router/modem. Also restarted phones and wiped cache.
    12-03-2015 01:03 PM
    I used to think it was my phone too. Then I got a Wink Wifi Lighting system for the house. The Wink Hub experiences the same random dropouts of the home WiFi as my phone does. As does my E-Reader. I'm convinced it's the Comcast P.O.S. router. Naturally they remote into it and say there's nothing wrong.
    12-03-2015 01:24 PM
    I used to think it was my phone too. Then I got a Wink Wifi Lighting system for the house. The Wink Hub experiences the same random dropouts of the home WiFi as my phone does. As does my E-Reader. I'm convinced it's the Comcast P.O.S. router. Naturally they remote into it and say there's nothing wrong.
    Thinking of it, the only thing new that I did yesterday was set up a WiFi enabled lighting control device for Christmas tree. I used to use this device for my AC in the summer but since I dont use AC in the winter, thought I will connect it to control lighting of Christmas tree. In doing so, it had to be moved within a feet or so of router. Not sure if that is interfering somehow...it never created any issues when it was connected to the AC, some 10 feet away.
    12-03-2015 01:48 PM
    Same issue. Happens to me fairly often. I am using Googles new Onhub as well. I can be 10ft from the router and it will still drop. Thankfully it immediately reconnects.
    12-03-2015 02:58 PM
    Yeah, this happens to me as well. I have an AC Router and the 2.4 ghz and 5ghz had the same SSID. I made them different SSID and it is better. Still occurs, but less so

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-03-2015 06:52 PM
    Yeah, this happens to me as well. I have an AC Router and the 2.4 ghz and 5ghz had the same SSID. I made them different SSID and it is better. Still occurs, but less so

I don't think that's the issue for me since my router doesnt have 5ghz.

12-03-2015 07:16 PM