12-20-2015 10:28 PM
32 12
tools
    I've found the quality of the cable to be not so great. I connected it to my computer the other day after only owning it for two months and the connection kept connecting and disconnecting.

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-12-2015 11:46 PM
    Some of these bugs are the reason I left my note 5 already. I love the phone and hope an update will fix the fast charging bug and WiFi cell standby issue on Verizon. For now I carry a moto x pure waiting on bug fixes. I feel like I waisted 700$ plus on this unreliable device
    12-13-2015 06:22 AM
    Some of these bugs are the reason I left my note 5 already. I love the phone and hope an update will fix the fast charging bug and WiFi cell standby issue on Verizon. For now I carry a moto x pure waiting on bug fixes. I feel like I waisted 700$ plus on this unreliable device
    I was bothered a bit by the fast charging bug, but my first two Note 5 devices had a Bluetooth bug. I exchanged them under my warranty with T-Mobile and finally got (the 3rd copy) a unit that has no issue with the Bluetooth or fast charging. I have no doubt there will be an OTA fix for both issues eventually, One thing is for sure, it is not inherent in the Note 5 it varies from unit to unit. The Bluetooth bug was far more problematic than the fast charging issue.

I wouldn't let the fast charging bug prevent me from enjoying the device, I wouldn't have exchanged my phone if that was the only issue. Two reasons: First, fast charging isn't really that much faster. Second, I don't think fast charging is healthy for the longevity of the battery. Fast charging will inevitably shorten the life of the battery.

I have my Galaxy S5 on standby, I bought the Note 5 as an experiment while I took my sweet time fixing a software glitch in the S5 thinking I would return the Note 5 after the S5 was setup just the way I like it. One problem - I fell in love with the Note 5. It is so much faster, so much slicker than any device I have looked at, and with the stylus it is invaluable to me in my small business. Some of the notes I jotted down on the run have been extremely important to my financial well being. The Note 5 far from being a "wasted $700" it has actually paid for itself and then some.
    12-13-2015 12:44 PM
    I get it ..I love the device as well. However I can't always charge my phone because of the WiFi and cell stand by bug. My wireless charging stopped working and I had to factory reset to correct it. I hope a software update does fix it. Believe me I love Samsung pay and the S pen rocks. Now they just need to make it work correctly all the time
    12-13-2015 01:45 PM
    Thanks for the responses guys! Just to be clear I've tried several different cables, and one of the OEM chargers that quit working was the Note 4 charger which has a thicker cable.
    12-13-2015 06:48 PM
    Mod note: Thread title changed upon request.
    12-13-2015 11:39 PM
    I uninstalled updates for samsung galaxy apps in applications settings and fast charging worked again. The updates seem to be creating a conflict with usb port.
    12-20-2015 10:28 PM
32 12