How can I get the required Note5 software update so it will work with the Samsung Gear VR??

A

AC Question

How can i get the required Note5 software update so it will work with the Samsung Gear VR??

Just bought an unlocked "international version" Note 5 on Amazon. Not received yet. Bought it mainly or even only because I really want a Samsung Gear VR.
Then went to the Samsung site to see about ordering a Gear VR.
There it says "Galaxy S6 edge+ and Galaxy Note 5 require a software update from your carrier."
Thus the questions / worries:
I'd rather not have any carrier for now. Is it possible to get that Note 5 software update from a source other than a carrier??
If a carrier is required, which ones will for sure provide the update? is a carrier like Cricket Wireless unlikely to?
As it is the unlocked "international version" Note 5, will that cause a problem in getting the necessary update from a carrier?
Many thanks for any insights. Brian

maf113

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
Re: How can i get the required Note5 software update so it will work with the Samsung Gear VR??

You may wish to check this out Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Won’t Play Nicely With The Gear VR | Ubergizmo
You can use Samsung Smart Switch on your PC to upgrade your firmware. It will check online for available updates
I have the Gear VR ($99 US edition) and it works fine with the Note 5. The article you posted is for the older version of the Gear VR that was for the Note 4.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463