I have had nothing but Samsung phones for the last 5 years, love them! They're great phones! I recently bought the Note 5 however and it will not retain any new word I type in through text, email, notes, through the Internet... Nothing! It is the most frustrating thing ever! I type in a swear word and a check mark appears in the "alternate words bar" that appears above the keyboard when you use the swipe text feature. Obviously, this check mark is an indicator that the phone does not have that particular word saved in its internal dictionary so you need to click the check mark to save it in your phone. Right? At least that's what I've done on every other Samsung phone I've had in the past, including the note 3 and 4. However, when you click the check mark it doesn't remember a damn thing! It's not just swear words, it's my last name as well (which isn't exactly a short last name). This is extremely frustrating and I'm hoping it's just a setting I need to turn on and this will be a thing of the past. Does anyone know how to fix this little pain in the *** for me? Please! Thanks.

Josh
    12-08-2015 11:15 PM
    I've had a similar experience, and also remember the option to add words to the dictionary in prior Notes. This is one reason why I asked a similar question in the thread below. As a workaround, I tried adding word to the "Text shortcuts" in "Language and input\Samsung keyboard", but not sure if that will work.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...tead-know.html
    12-09-2015 06:05 AM
    haven't seen that problem with mine.....mine is if I misspell a word and hit the space bar, its retained, I then have to start typing it again so it'll come up so I can then remove it. But its retaining words I type.
    12-09-2015 07:51 AM
    Mine doesn't seem to want to save words I use on a daily basis, particularly my favorite F-bomb. Even regular words or names don't seem to want to save.

Posted via the Sapphire Doom Note 5
    12-09-2015 08:28 AM
    mine seems to save everything, maybe recheck your setting under language and inputSamsung Note 5, save new words in phones internal dictionary-screenshot_2015-12-09-15-29-29.jpg can't put up the screen I just to make sure even my not so clean words were saved.
    12-09-2015 03:32 PM