First android phone! Need some help.

Tec12

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
Hello guys,
So recently i got a chance to upgrade my iphone5 to either iphone 6s or note5. Firstly i was baised to get 6s, but the more i watched the review the more i got bended towards note5.

So finally got a note 5 and loving every bit of it.
But not that its all gold, there are few points on which I need help and suggestions:

1. What is the best priductivity app for s pen, apart from stock apps?

2. What is the easiest way to copy my contacts from ios to android?

3. And please suggest me some great apps for utilizing the beasty power of note 5?

4. How the auto brightness works? I mean it stays on full with minimal lightning and as soon as i uncheck auto brightness it becomes brighter at the same position?

vel7wil

May 17, 2010
Visit site
1. Productivity apps for the S-pen are mostly a personal thing. If you search the app store you'll probably find exactly what you're looking for. I normally try what's on the phone first then upgrade to something if I need to.

2. As for number 2 I'd have to move defer to someone who's transitioned from iPhone.

4. I usually uncheck the auto bright and slide the bar to what I think in good for me, which is usually real low light and adjust if I need to. Tends to save battery.

piinkRainbowz

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
1. What kind of productivity apps are you looking for exactly?

2. Samsung switch

3. Last thing you wanna do is download a bunch of apps you're rarely gonna use. I would check out the playstore. Look at a few reviews. Heck, even check out android blogs or even android vlogs about android devices. They usually recommend alot of good productivity apps or just great apps period. From podcast players to games.

4. Autobrightness is usually just the screen adjust to the lighting in the area your in. If your area is to bright to view the screen itll brighten it more and if its too dark itll dim the screen of the device.
Just adjust the brightness to what is comfortable for you and turn auto on. Just be aware if your outside you may have to turn the brightness up more.

sdardoin

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
As for contacts, just sync your contacts with Gmail on your iphone and they will automatically be pulled in when you sign in with your google account.

Or if you have them on icloud, go to icloud.com and export them, then import into Gmail.

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Auto brightness has more range than the slider. When you're outside and the face of the screen faces the sun the screen will be brighter, by about 50%, than you can make it with the slider all the way up.

Nvincible

Oct 5, 2015
Visit site
1. Best productivity app for the s pen. I can't see doing any better than memo and S note apps. Lots use Evernote to tie them all together but the S Note app is just incredible with all it can do especially after you go into the 'more' in the top right and download the 'more features' apps to add to the S Note app. Watch some YouTube videos on S Note. Just youtube in general for the note5 you will learn a ton.
2. SmartSwitch works pretty good but the suggestion from sadardoin about syncing to gmail fixes the contact problems. Also, in the settings of the phone you can tell it to 'only' use contacts from (and to) your email address so you don't get multiples saving in all different places. If you have a severe contacts problem with contacts scattered all over the place you can try Scrubbly. Works good and combined mine into just one nice gmail contact list now so if I have to switch phones, I don't now have to figure out where they all are (was a big problem for me going from apple to android).
3. Great apps... too many out there and too much personal preference to say. Again, youtube is a beast for app reviews!

You are going to love (and it will drive you crazy) how much you can 'play' with Android and the Note5. Coming from Apple, it's a mind blower and sometimes overwhelming! lol
Have fun!

Hurleygm

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I really like S note, especially the new option to take notes with the screen off. You can even get the desktop app that syncs to a PC. Evernote is also a great app.

The best brightness setting is as follows:

During the day I leave it on auto and it adjusts great insight and in direct sunlight.
Late at night I uncheck auto and turn the brightness all the way down and it dims more than auto.

Hope that helps.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke