Hi. I've just moved from an iPhone 6 Plus to the Note 5. One of the great frustrations I have with the Samsung is being unable to make calls in my car using the car's Bluetooth system.
    The phone pairs to the Bluetooth easily - but doesn't make calls.
    With Samsung launcher it totally failed to do anything - no matter how many times I hit the car's phone button. The screen would light up - but that's all. In settings I had "wake up in secure mode" turned on.
    I tried Google Now, it was no better. I installed BT GNow - which worked only if the phone was unlocked - pointless if you are driving as where I live it is illegal to touch or use a phone whilst driving.
    No such problems with my old iPhones - pair them up and didn't have to touch any setting - they always just worked perfectly 1st time every time.
    I contacted Samsung who were no help at all.
    Has anyone been able to make calls from a Note 5 via car Bluetooth when the screen is locked. If so, how did you do it.
    Thanks
    12-09-2015 07:51 AM
    Bluetooth on mobiles is not backwards compatible. In all probability your car's BT module needs upgrading/replacing. This is one of the bad points of android. I've read the book, seen the film and got the t-shirt on this subject
    12-09-2015 08:30 AM
    What type of car do you have? You shouldnt need any launchers or any of that stuff to make the phone work with bluetooth... my Note 5 works perfect with many cars, never have had an issue...
    12-09-2015 08:52 AM
    Hi. Just finished live chat with Samsung who were unable to provide any solutions at all.
    I have a Holden Calais V which comes with an excellent factory Bluetooth in car system.
    I can get BT GNow to work perfectly (needs Google Now installed) - just that you have to have the phone unlocked.
    With stock Touch Wiz most of the time nothing happens when I hit the car's phone button - however it did briefly work after about 20 goes, it lit the phone up briefly before turning off again - didn't actually do anything.
    Presumably the phone is compatible- as it works with BT GNow. It has worked with iPhone 4s, 5 and 6 Plus - flawlessly.
    Got me stumped. Will try it another vehicle. Disappointing.
    12-09-2015 09:09 AM
    Well, i've used numerous Samsung phones, most recently my Note 5 in probably 10 different rental cars, my BMW, my truck and friends cars and never had a problem, i know about 10 close friends with the Note 5 (and 4) that have never had a issue. I would be willing to say its some type of incompatibility with the cars bluetooth system since its not a common vehicle. Weird though, if it connects to other devices like speakers and such with no problem then even more so the issue is probably the cars bluetooth...
    12-09-2015 09:17 AM
    I think it must not be compatible with Australian made cars - doesn't work in my sisters new Ford Falcon either (nor does her s6). Holden are a very common, top selling vehicle here (sold as Chevs in both the US and middle east) - so I'm guessing Samsung have changed something in their set up. Couple of years ago had a Note 2 that worked in the same car, not the Note 5. Really disappointing - if I'd known, wouldn't have got it - as all iPhones work with vehicle. Hard reset made no difference either.
    12-11-2015 09:12 AM
    Well, I was totally unable to get it to work - Samsung Chat and email help weren't any help at all.
    I can get a semi solution by using BT GNow and Google Voice - it works (kind of) - hit the car's phone button and ask it call someone - it will. Works every time. The only problem is that I can't get it to wake the device up and make a call. The phone has to be unlocked - which means I have to touch the phone (illegal in Western Australia whilst driving).
    It shows me that the phone can work with car's Bluetooth and make calls - just can't do it with Samsung's software.
    I've set SVoice to wake up in secure mode, set the car's Bluetooth as a trusted device, not sure what other settings to change. Can't find any info at all on what you need to do to make calls using the car Bluetooth- zip, nothing anywhere.
    I tried a full hard reset, soft reset etc - only BT GNow and Google Voice can make calls using the car's Bluetooth - but the phone has to be unlocked and on.
    Becoming a bit of a deal breaker - I need true hands free in car calling for business / work when I'm travelling around.
    Either going to have to try an after market device or go back to iPhones.
    I really like the Note 5, but Android just doesn't work straight out of the box like iOS does.
    If anyone knows what settings I need to make it wake up and use the car Bluetooth when making a call I'd be very grateful.
    12-12-2015 03:07 AM
    Odd, I use the cars call button regularly and it will dial and call without the phone having to be unlocked. How old is the car? Could it be a Bluetooth incompatibility because of an older Bluetooth version in the car?
    12-12-2015 09:08 AM
    Well, I never did the Note 5 to make phone calls (without being woken up) - I could receive calls and answer without having to wake the phone up. Bluetooth audio streamed perfectly ok. Tried it in a couple of cars (a 2012 Ford Falcon, a 2013 Holden Commodore) and same issue.
    Deal breaker.
    Luckily my telco let me get an iPhone 6s+ instead. Simply paired it with the car, hit the phone button in the car and made calls. That's it - worked first time every time.
    Although I miss some features on the Note 5, I don''t miss Samsung's bloatware and the inability to make calls in the car. iPhone just works. No brainer - from now on sticking with the iPhones - I know they work.
    04-08-2016 12:12 PM
    To late now but did you turn on "bluetooth calling" on your note 5?
    04-08-2016 03:34 PM