01-14-2016 10:22 AM
107 1234 ...
tools
    Add another 2 months for Verizon

Posted via the Android Central App
    Make it 4 months hahaha

Posted via my Note 5 (Verizon)
    11-27-2015 10:33 AM
    And I am sure Verizon will disable it...

Well the thing is that Google set out requirements that OEMs cannot touch Doze at all. I think that extends to carriers as well.
    11-29-2015 11:12 AM
    Let's hope that's the case. From what little I've read, Doze is supposed to be a good thing, so don't understand why an OEM and then a downstream carrier would want to touch, or interfere with Doze. In particular, why should a carrier try to disable or "fix" something like Doze? Would disabling Doze give a carrier some sort of financial gain or feature edge compared to other carriers?
    11-29-2015 09:21 PM
    Let's hope that's the case. From what little I've read, Doze is supposed to be a good thing, so don't understand why an OEM and then a downstream carrier would want to touch, or interfere with Doze. In particular, why should a carrier try to disable or "fix" something like Doze? Would disabling Doze give a carrier some sort of financial gain or feature edge compared to other carriers?
    Verizon would do it out of arrogance. They removed both Samsung pay and MS. OFFICE so it would not surprise me if they tamper with Marshmellow.

jimd1050 likes this.
    11-29-2015 10:26 PM
    And I am sure Verizon will disable it...

What possible reason does Verizon have for pulling a stunt like that?
    11-29-2015 11:07 PM
    Yay now my phones gonna suck for atleast 2 more updates to fix problems they didnt see

11-29-2015 11:41 PM
    Yay now my phones gonna suck for atleast 2 more updates to fix problems they didnt see

it's just Samsung's way of imitating Apple iPhones.
    11-30-2015 12:11 AM
    What possible reason does Verizon have for pulling a stunt like that?
    What reason did Verizon have for removing the MS Office suite? This package was part of a settlement agreement between Samsung and Microsoft where Samsung would preload Office on all their phones. By removing office Verizon deprived their customers of the one drive offer. 100GB free storage for 2 years. So I for one will not be surprised if Verizon removes key features. Will they mess with Doze. I don't know but if they do it will not surprise me.

Verizon is the most arrogant of the carriers. They know they have the best coverage and don't care about losing customers. The CFO has so stated in the past. Until the number leaving exceeds 10% of total customers they will not care. At 10% it starts to effect the bottom line to where it is noticeable.

11-30-2015 10:22 AM
    Verizon would do it out of arrogance. They removed both Samsung pay and MS. OFFICE so it would not surprise me if they tamper with Marshmellow.

I have a VZ note 5 and I have and use Samsung pay so I don't know what you mean that Verizon removed it.
    11-30-2015 10:55 AM
    There was a short period of time after the N5 was available on Verizon and when Verizon certified Samsung Pay. For that time VZ customers could not use the SP application. Many people here and elsewhere believed it was related to financial terms between Sammy and VZ but no specific evidence has come forward to my knowledge.
    11-30-2015 11:31 AM
    I have a VZ note 5 and I have and use Samsung pay so I don't know what you mean that Verizon removed it.
    Per Verizon Samsung Pay was preloaded on the note 5 and Verizon removed it and MS Office because they "...do not support preloaded apps". That was their response to an FCC complaint I filed.
    Please note that the other carriers left the applications on their version of the phone so when the beta test was running people on all the other carriers were able to participate. Verizon did not allow Samsung Pay on their network until a month after the official release by Samsung. Up to that time Verizon was actively blocking the app.

The question is what will Verizon remove from Marshmellow. If Doze is considered a Core Feature by Google, than the OEM and carriers will not be able to mess with it. However there are other features that Verizon may remove. So it is not a matter of if, but rather what will Verizon remove or cripple.

1stGalaxyS3 likes this.
    11-30-2015 03:00 PM
    I remember owning the note 4 and thinking when will i get 5.1.1 and it finally happened. But before it happened I was already on my note 5 which was such a shame. Now i see this article

http://phandroid.com/2015/12/08/moto...nt-uscellular/

Samsung note 5 is great but why are we always last to get an update
    12-09-2015 10:31 AM
    I think we should be getting it sometime this month
    Oscar Maradiaga likes this.
    12-09-2015 10:32 AM
    I'm with Verizon so probably next April if I'm lucky!
    jimd1050, ninnjinn and mxrider821 like this.
    12-09-2015 10:39 AM
    I'm with Verizon so probably next April if I'm lucky!
    Thats horrible these companies do such a bad job getting us the update that by the time we get it the newest phones are already out and makes a phone like the note line feel ancient. This might be my last note. I might seriously look at the nexus phone in 2016 and see what they bring. My friend has a nexus 6p and its absolutely a dream phone.
    Hurleygm likes this.
    12-09-2015 10:55 AM
    Samsung makes some nice phones but with carriers always involved it's just crazy. I seem to always like to have the latest so I'll have a Nexus 6p in a couple days. I'll swap between it and my Note 5 from time to time. Love my Note but looking forward to trying out the Nexus.
    Oscar Maradiaga and mush10 like this.
    12-09-2015 11:00 AM
    Are you wanting the update just for the sake of an update? Other than Doze mode there isn't anything earth shattering about 6.0 marshmallow. I've been running 6.0 on my N7 for months and there isn't that much of a difference than lollipop. Only 2 things I've noticed is doze mode and ability to set permissions for every app. The N5 on 5.1.1 still has more features than the Nexus 6P on 6.0 and runs just as fast.

Of course we would all love to have the latest updates asap but this time I'm in no hurry since the N5 is almost perfect on 5.1.1 IMO
    12-09-2015 11:47 AM
    Thats horrible these companies do such a bad job getting us the update that by the time we get it the newest phones are already out and makes a phone like the note line feel ancient. This might be my last note. I might seriously look at the nexus phone in 2016 and see what they bring. My friend has a nexus 6p and its absolutely a dream phone.
    I was thinking this very thing myself this morning. Faster security and OS updates seem important to me and I get tired of looking and seeing that the last security update from ATT was Oct. 1 and we are now beginning the second week of December.
    12-09-2015 02:29 PM
    I think I read somewhere Note 5 users should have Marshmallow by end of 2015. But it also stated how it will depend on which carrier because like we all know they each take their sweet time and release it at different dates.

12-09-2015 03:00 PM
    Since I downloaded update yesterday battery life is even greater then it was.. I just realized I unplugged at 5:30 am and right now I'm at 50 percent. Incredible.
    12-09-2015 04:40 PM
    I remember owning the note 4 and thinking when will i get 5.1.1 and it finally happened. But before it happened I was already on my note 5 which was such a shame. Now i see this article

http://phandroid.com/2015/12/08/moto...nt-uscellular/

Samsung note 5 is great but why are we always last to get an update
    At least we will get it. My 2015 moto e won't even get lollipop despite Motorola explicitly promising to keep it updated.

The Verizon Note 3 was also updated to lollipop months before the Verizon moto x 2013.
    12-09-2015 04:52 PM
    Samsung is releasing it this month to the carriers. T-mobile and Sprint should have it out shortly after that. Verizon and AT&T about 2 months or more latter.

12-09-2015 05:06 PM
    And US Cellular a year after that : (
    12-09-2015 05:54 PM
    Are you wanting the update just for the sake of an update? Other than Doze mode there isn't anything earth shattering about 6.0 marshmallow. I've been running 6.0 on my N7 for months and there isn't that much of a difference than lollipop. Only 2 things I've noticed is doze mode and ability to set permissions for every app. The N5 on 5.1.1 still has more features than the Nexus 6P on 6.0 and runs just as fast.

Of course we would all love to have the latest updates asap but this time I'm in no hurry since the N5 is almost perfect on 5.1.1 IMO
    M brings the fingerprint reader API for apps.

This is kinda of a big deal. Maybe not yet that 0,1% of android users use M but it will be useful when developers bother to update their apps to take advantage of it.

Posted via my Galaxy Note 5
    12-09-2015 07:47 PM
    M brings the fingerprint reader API for apps.

This is kinda of a big deal. Maybe not yet that 0,1% of android users use M but it will be useful when developers bother to update their apps to take advantage of it.

Posted via my Galaxy Note 5
    Several of my apps already use the fingerprint reader...? (Bank of America, lastpass)

12-10-2015 06:16 AM
107 1234 ...