01-14-2016 10:22 AM
107 ... 345
tools
    No. Most carrier-branded Samsung phones have internal "fuses" that are purposely blown during the upgrade process, to prevent downgrading.
    That's disappointing
    01-13-2016 04:43 PM
    01-13-2016 05:30 PM
    I am so sick of Verizon and their shoddy update practices. The Note 4 is only one year old and already they're putting it in OTA limbo hell hoping to just nuke it from their support list entirely. Lazy and the greediest of all the carrier services. Once this contract is up, I'm gone for good. 11 years down the drain. You'd think they'd want to show their appreciation to loyal customers like me who've been with them for over a decade and never missed a bill, but no, drain them for every cent they have by charging them more for their unlimited data plans. I wasn't one of those people who abuse the system and burn through hundreds of GB of data a month. 5-10 GB at most is all I asked for. The unlimited data was the only thread keeping me under their expensive umbrella of radio towers. Now that it's gone, there's nothing left for me to sit and justify spending $190 a month for two freaking lines that will never get updates until months after they've been out for other carriers. I'm so done with them.
    gozirra likes this.
    01-13-2016 06:42 PM
    I am so sick of Verizon and their shoddy update practices. The Note 4 is only one year old and already they're putting it in OTA limbo hell hoping to just nuke it from their support list entirely. Lazy and the greediest of all the carrier services. Once this contract is up, I'm gone for good. 11 years down the drain. You'd think they'd want to show their appreciation to loyal customers like me who've been with them for over a decade and never missed a bill, but no, drain them for every cent they have by charging them more for their unlimited data plans. I wasn't one of those people who abuse the system and burn through hundreds of GB of data a month. 5-10 GB at most is all I asked for. The unlimited data was the only thread keeping me under their expensive umbrella of radio towers. Now that it's gone, there's nothing left for me to sit and justify spending $190 a month for two freaking lines that will never get updates until months after they've been out for other carriers. I'm so done with them.
    Agreed. I'm only on Verizon because I'm on my parents plan. I'll probably switch to AT&T when I get my own

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-13-2016 09:17 PM
    Old news. That was implemented from Qualcomm not Google. All its doing is wanting to check the software versions. Unlocking the Bootloader in a Nexus doesn't do anything. Doesn't trip a fuse etc. Unlock when you want, root when you want. It's a Nexus. Always been like that. Always developer friendly.
    01-14-2016 05:17 AM
    If you use cable or satellite tv you may want to check out ATT new promo. Unlimited data with Directv service. Unlimited with no throttle until you get to 22 GB then only if network traffic requires it.

01-14-2016 10:05 AM
    If you use cable or satellite tv you may want to check out ATT new promo. Unlimited data with Directv service. Unlimited with no throttle until you get to 22 GB then only if network traffic requires it.

Not a bad deal - wife & I just cut direcTV, though. Enjoing the $1300/year that saves more than a few extra gigs. Best part is I found a way to watch every NFL game online without Sunday Ticket

That's a good deal if you want cable anyway, though.
    01-14-2016 10:22 AM
107 ... 345