Receiving photos and videos on Note 5

ktbishop222

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I just got my Note 5 a couple of weeks ago after years as a Nexus user, and while I absolutely love this device, I've run into a problem I was hoping someone could help me with. Whenever I receive photos or videos from my friends with iPhones via MMS, they come in really pixelated and low definition. I've used both Google Messenger and Samsung's built in messenger app, but I'm getting the same results from each. Is there some photo/video compression issue when receiving from iPhones? What (if anything) can be done to correct this issue?

Posted via the Android Central App

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Did you have issues with Nexus before? Which carrier are you on? I just sent one to my T-Mobile Note 5 and get the picture from an iPhone with very good quality.

Now, I'm sure you know, iMessage is not the same as MMS, and MMS as a protocol has file size limitations. Moreover, carriers can set their own limits so if your carrier has a small file size cap on MMS messages, the pictures will be heavily compressed. I'm leaning more towards being a carrier issue because you've tried different apps to get the messages.

I tested using Google Messenger and Hangouts and the stock messaging app. All receive the pictures just fine.

ktbishop222

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Sorry it's taken me so long to get back to this. I'm also on T-Mobile, and I never had any issue with image quality on my Nexus. I may check with my friends and see what they're using to send me images and such. Maybe that is the root of all this.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers