Hello,

So i have a note 5 with an updated software and all the apps im using are uptodate.

However when exchanging with friends on whatsapp or instagram or any other app that involves emojis, i often get an (x in a box) for certain emojis... in other terms, i can't see some of the emojis sent to me whatever the app i'm using...

I tried to post this question here before and i also contacted samsung customer service (WORST SERVICE EVER) and nothing!

Any1 having this problem or any1 can help me with it?

Thank you.
    12-10-2015 07:53 AM
    Have you tried to clear cache in the bootloader?
    12-10-2015 08:53 AM
    In the stock messaging app, have you tried sending an emoji and get the pop up about settings? When you do change it to automatic and that should do the trick.
    I had to change mine when my wife wasn't getting them on her iphone.

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-10-2015 09:12 AM
    I didn't try bootloader
    12-10-2015 10:01 AM
    You're getting the x because it's most likely an iPhone user sending you the new emojis that came out with the latest ios update. The note 5 doesn't have those emojis in its emoji "database" so you won't be able to see them

piinkRainbowz likes this.
    12-10-2015 10:20 AM
    You're getting the x because it's most likely an iPhone user sending you the new emojis that came out with the latest ios update. The note 5 doesn't have those emojis in its emoji "database" so you won't be able to see them

This. That x is there because android doesnt currently support the new emoji released to iphone users. It will be supported soon. But it may be a months to yeara before we see it cause we have to wait for samsung and/or carrier to update us to marshmallow
    12-10-2015 12:22 PM
    This. That x is there because android doesnt currently support the new emoji released to iphone users. It will be supported soon. But it may be a months to yeara before we see it cause we have to wait for samsung and/or carrier to update us to marshmallow
    I'm pretty sure that's not it. I'm having the same problem on my new Note 5, but I'm not seeing emoji that I used be able to see on my old Note 3. It seems to be a problem with the Note 5 itself, rather then with Android in general.
    04-16-2016 10:57 PM
    I'm pretty sure that's not it. I'm having the same problem on my new Note 5, but I'm not seeing emoji that I used be able to see on my old Note 3. It seems to be a problem with the Note 5 itself, rather then with Android in general.
    Okay so lately i have no problems with emoji until one day , i cant see any of the ihpone's emoji . It was 3 days ago when my girlfriend updated her operating system on her iphone or some kind of thing. She told me that the new update will let you see messages without opening lockscreen and she got some new emojis too.
    I think the new emoji replaced some of the old one
    For example this 󾌴 emoji , its also replaced and i cant see it through my phone now.
    Why i realize that they relplaced it? Before my gf updated her operating system everythin is just fine and i can see that emoji but after she updated it , i cant see it.

It's just my opinion , dont take it too serious guys
    Thanks
    06-17-2016 12:19 PM
    As my opinion , the apple's emoji is being replaced.
    They are not only adding new emoji by their new update (likely 3 days ago) also replace old emojis that's already seenable in samsung
    For example , this emoji (󾌴)
    As my opinion
    Iphone create new emoji (its not universal so samsung cant see the embed code from iphone) and replace the old one , such as (󾌴) this
    Why i realize that they replaced it? 3 days ago my gf updated her operating system and then i cant see every emoji she sent to me , but before she updated her operating system everything is just fine.
    P.S if u cant see that emoji , its (😂) which already available in samsung phone long time ago.
    If you still wants to see the emoji , you can download "emoji viewer" from the playstore , it will read every emoji in your clipboard
    Also if you dont mind may i ask?
    Do your friend uses iphone ?
    If your friend dont use iphone it means all of my opinions are wrong lol 😂

This is my opinion so dont take it too serious
    Hope it helps you
    Thankyou
    06-17-2016 12:27 PM
    Okay so lately i have no problems with emoji until one day , i cant see any of the ihpone's emoji . It was 3 days ago when my girlfriend updated her operating system on her iphone or some kind of thing. She told me that the new update will let you see messages without opening lockscreen and she got some new emojis too.
    I think the new emoji replaced some of the old one
    For example this 󾌴 emoji , its also replaced and i cant see it through my phone now.
    Why i realize that they relplaced it? Before my gf updated her operating system everythin is just fine and i can see that emoji but after she updated it , i cant see it.

It's just my opinion , dont take it too serious guys
    Thanks
    OK, this is weird. I could see that emoji in the email notifying me of your reply, but I can't see it here on the actual page. It might be an issue with the browser rather than the phone itself.
    06-17-2016 10:38 PM