To trade or not to trade?

Jay Gamblore

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Contemplating trading my note 5 for a nexus 6p. Wondering if anyone's done it and if they regret it or are pleased with their choice. Cheers

Posted via the Android Central App

soul4p

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
you have to look difference. what good for you. like camera battery etc. what do you want really on phone. with which one you happy..

DX9

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
I got my 6p today. Great phone. Love my Note 5 as well. Haven't been able to use the 6p much tonight since kids are sick. First thing though it's blazing fast. I have to set it up tomorrow or Saturday.

Jay Gamblore

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I know the camera on my note is great and is important for me. I think a part of me is just impatient and want to check out marshmallow. Think I'd miss the multitasking etc.. Thanks

Jay Gamblore

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
I got my 6p today. Great phone. Love my Note 5 as well. Haven't been able to use the 6p much tonight since kids are sick. First thing though it's blazing fast. I have to set it up tomorrow or Saturday.

That much snappier than the note? Was thinking maybe sell my g4 and put it towards the 6p. Looks like it'll be massive with a case though.

DX9

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
I do like the benefit of updates. My carrier just updated my Note 5 last night for the first time since Sept 4th. They included VR support now and finally get app optimization setting. This shouldn't be happening with these high end phones with carriers. The UI is so much cleaner on Vanilla Android. No aggressive multitasking like the Note also. No reloads or anything going way back to chrome even after like 15 apps open. Battery life on first initial playing with the phone is great. Already looks better than the Note. There are always things here and there you will find. Having the fingerprint scanner on the back will take some getting used to.

There are a lot of features packed in the Note. Features I don't use much. I still hardly use the pen. I have my Note with me today because I just don't have the time to setup the 6p to my liking yet with a few busy days right now.

DX9

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
That much snappier than the note? Was thinking maybe sell my g4 and put it towards the 6p. Looks like it'll be massive with a case though.

Just a tad taller than the Note. I use slim cases on my phone anyways

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I do like the benefit of updates. My carrier just updated my Note 5 last night for the first time since Sept 4th. They included VR support now and finally get app optimization setting. This shouldn't be happening with these high end phones with carriers. The UI is so much cleaner on Vanilla Android. No aggressive multitasking like the Note also. No reloads or anything going way back to chrome even after like 15 apps open. Battery life on first initial playing with the phone is great. Already looks better than the Note. There are always things here and there you will find. Having the fingerprint scanner on the back will take some getting used to.

There are a lot of features packed in the Note. Features I don't use much. I still hardly use the pen. I have my Note with me today because I just don't have the time to setup the 6p to my liking yet with a few busy days right now.

If you aren't using all of the Note 5 features and you don't really use the s-pen then I can see why you would prefer the Nexus.There are just so many features the Note has that I actually use that I wouldn't want to switch away from it.

Note in my house!

Jay Gamblore

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Agreed, think it's it obsession to always have the newest phone. In this case, not necessarily the better phone. Cheers

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
No wireless charging. Too bad or it might have been a contender. For me. The ideal 6 for me would have been a combo of last year's wireless charging and Moto's great antenna and this year's fingerprint access.

DX9

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
Well I ended up putting my Sim in the 6p before leaving the house today. Set it up to my liking. Very fast phone. Very impressive. Battery life is awesome. One thing driving me up the wall today is the finger print on the back. I use my phone with the back down a lot. Everytime getting a text or email I had to pick up the phone and put my finger on the back It was getting very annoying actually. Other than that it's a real toss up between the Note.

It was nice to get updates like Android 6.0.1 within minutes of having the phone on etc. Speakers are great no doubt on the 6p. Volume buttons located under the power button is sorta weird.

8100User

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
My next phone will need some killer features, to replace Samsung Pay and the stylus!

I LOVE using the stylus! Love being able to simply jot down a quick note, love being able to quickly cut a section from a web page, or wherever, and text it to a family member or friend, adding a quick note to it, if necessary.

I'd also need a killer camera, which I understand the 6P has.... but again, I couldn't give up Samsung Pay and the stylus, unless it was replaced with something equally as useful!

DX9

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
The more I use the 6p the more I miss the Note 5. It's a great phone in all but have the fingerprint on the back is driving me up the wall. I could use a PIN but it defeats the purpose of the scanner.

Even the video camera I have a problem with. Did some video of my son at hockey today and man do I need OIS lol. Wow did I feel dizzy after watching the playback. My Note is great for video.

Probably going to send the Nexus back. It's nice to be on Marshmallow but IMO my Note is better for me

Tadrift

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
It is a fair question to ask for opinions, but if you are honest in hearing those, you really should post it in the 6P forum.

You are asking the Note 5 people, when really you should be asking the 6P people who use to own a Note 5.

You are going to get mostly people against it here. Perhaps you hoping people here will talk you out of it.

DX9

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
That's what I was worried about..

Maybe your experience will be different from mine. The 6p is great I just don't know if it's for me. 2 days on it right now. Still have the Note sitting off to the side.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae