extremely bad lag

JoBudden

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
I come from blackberry and the note 5 is my first Android device. I've been using it for a few months now. I've noticed that the lag is increasing. At first it was just in the messaging app when typing. Now it's in every app when typing. Also I have started getting screen delays also where I'm trying to scroll but the phone does nothing for a few seconds. Any advice on what to do to fix this?

Posted via the Android Central App

Mark Valentine

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
How often do you clear your cached processes? You should probably go ahead and do a factory reset, start clearing your cache daily, and try out the app optimization feature.

JoBudden

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
I'll have to check it out. I do have a few background apps I know for sure.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
It is could be one or two apps causing the problem. I had some bad lag, found the app, removed it and back to normal.

If you do do a factory data reset, don't install any apps at first to see if you still have the problem. Then slowly start re installing apps

Laserbutt

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
I come from blackberry and the note 5 is my first Android device. I've been using it for a few months now. I've noticed that the lag is increasing. At first it was just in the messaging app when typing. Now it's in every app when typing. Also I have started getting screen delays also where I'm trying to scroll but the phone does nothing for a few seconds. Any advice on what to do to fix this?

Turn off keyboard vibration in settings, should do the trick

Download Nova launcher and replace touchwiz. That will fix the scroll lag, it happened to me too using calender, calculator, and email widgets.. IT WILL GO AWAY IF YOU SWITCH LAUNCHERS

Attachments

• 2262.jpg
    2262.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 250

JoBudden

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestions. I have had the vibrate feature off since I got the phone. I didn't like that and quickly changed it. I will try the Nova launcher next. I did Uninstall a few apps and the typing has cleared up a good bit. I think the culprit was the led app. But as I type this my typing has only lagged out once. Which is 10x better. Should I try another keyboard?

wrich2005

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
You shouldn't have to clear your cache everyday to not have lag. You have something wrong

sup3r1or

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I had similar lag but recieved software update 3 weeks ago for 86 mb and it fixed the issue. International version of note 5

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
Turn off keyboard vibration in settings, should do the trick

Download Nova launcher and replace touchwiz. That will fix the scroll lag, it happened to me too using calender, calculator, and email widgets.. IT WILL GO AWAY IF YOU SWITCH LAUNCHERS

I use touchwiz and don't have any lag whatsoever. TW is not what It used to be. Very quick now. I would bet the problem lies elsewhere.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I must be very lucky, I never experience the problems that a lot of people have. Have had the Note 5 for almost 3 months and haven't experienced any lag yet.

Issemann

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I am on day 2 with my new Note 5 from AT&T and I'm already regretting this purchase. I have disabled almost all bloat and the lag is killing me. Any suggestions? 😣

Geezer Squid

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
I'm not experiencing any lag on mine. Care to upload a video?

Re-enable the apps. My wife and I both have Note 5's and have no apps disabled. We were both commenting just yesterday how smooth this phone is even in stock form. This is the first phone we've had since 2009 that doesn't need to be rooted.

Good luck with yours.

Geezer Squid

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
I'm not experiencing any lag on mine. Care to upload a video?

Re-enable the apps. My wife and I both have Note 5's and have no apps disabled. We were both commenting just yesterday how smooth this phone is even in stock form. This is the first phone we've had since 2009 that doesn't need to be rooted.

Good luck with yours.

jgraves1107

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
GSam battery monitor caused all kinds of lag for me. Apps like that are bad about causing lag. Look at your apps and see which one may be running all the time hogging the cpu. Trust us there is one causing your lag.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton