I'm new here and I've been searching answers on whats happening to my phone.I just bought the note 5 a couple of months ago, and it has been awesome. After the latest software update I've been having issues with my keyboard, specially the "A" key, every time I would type it would just randomly stop working, I've been using Samsung's default keyboard since day one and a few weeks ago I switched to swiftkey thinking it would fix the problem, but it started again and today I moved to Google keyboard. I thought everything was fixed until a few hours ago the "A" key stopped working again. In swift key I could still press a tiny spot at the bottom of the key, but in the default keyboard and Google keyboard it doesn't respond at all. The only way I would get it to work again is if I reboot the phone, i also cleared the cache and everything but it doesn't seem to work. Im also playing this game called Marvel Future Fight and if youre familliar with it sometimes the character and profile key is unresponsive, similar to the "A" key on my keyboard. Think that the two is connected, I uninstalled the game but it didn't work, the "A" key would still stop working. So I'm wondering if anyone is having the same issue as me, if you have solutions I would be very grateful.

Thank you again in advanced.
    12-14-2015 05:55 AM
    Other than doing a factory reset or clear cache, what i would do first is remember exactly where the key is on the screen, and then open s note or something and press the same spot and see if it is a dead spot on the screen.

Clearing the cache partition is easy and you can find a youtube video to walk you through it, if that doesnt work you may try a factory reset.

If that doesnt fix it you may need to return the phone. Im guessing you are using stock keyboard and dont have any new apos youve recently added that may be throwing a bug in the system..

Sent with my white Note5 with nonremovable back and no SDcard!
    12-14-2015 07:35 AM
    Hello Johnny, welcome to the forums! Does the same problem persist typing on landscape mode? This will give you more clues if this problem it's software or hardware related.
    12-14-2015 08:55 AM
    Hey guys thanks for your reply.

So far it has happened twice today, I'm currently using Google keyboard. I don't think that it's a dead spot, I took a screenshot of the keyboard and started to write on it, but it covers up all of the key. I tried Javier Ps suggestion and typed while it was on landscape mode, and the "A" key was responding, but the key below the shift button stopped working, it would only work when I have it back in portrait mode.

Also with swift key, it would happen 6-7 times a day, so I have to keep rebooting my phone just to get it to work again. After switching to Google keyboard I thought I was rid of the problem, but it happened once yesterday, and twice again today. The first time it stopped working I kept switching from portrait to landscape and it started to work again, but by the second time I had to reboot it.
    12-15-2015 05:48 AM