So currently I'm rocking a Defender for my Note with tempered glass with the built in protector removed. Anyways like most Otterboxes the rubber is coming loose. I bought a artech21 case and removed the built in protector but because the case is so tight it lifts my tempered glass up.
    So for my next case I just want to remove the tempered glass and used the built in protector.

If I buy something really thick like the Poetic revolution or even an Artech or Supcase is that thick enough still if dropped the glass shouldn't shatter since it has a raised lip and edges?
    12-15-2015 10:20 PM
    that really depends on how the phone lands. If nothing hits the glass area, it should be ok but that's one of those thing you can't predict.
    12-16-2015 12:34 AM
    With it having Gorilla Glass, you should be fine.

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-16-2015 12:56 AM
    that really depends on how the phone lands. If nothing hits the glass area, it should be ok but that's one of those thing you can't predict.
    True. Even with tempered glass if I dropped my phone onto a object sticking up or uneven surface I expect the glass to possibly break still. I mean the tempered glass I hope stops minor impacts from breaking the glass or shock but mainly to protect from scratches. The only concern I have is built in protectors can be terrible. Like the otterbox one for the Note 4 I returned because it had such a big gap it made typing and using the spen hard to use. The note 5 one too terrible protector made texting and spen hard to use hence why I ripped it out.

I had a poetic revolution case for my S6 and if fit very tight and no air pocket and very clear and responsive built in screen protector which was so tight dust hardly ever got under it unlike otterbox. Otterbox built in protectors are garbage especially when trying to use an S pen.

The revolution I hear doesn't work with wireless charging due to it being so thick. I wish they made it slightly thinner like the S6 ones and I hate the loop on the top.
    12-16-2015 12:58 AM
    With it having Gorilla Glass, you should be fine.

I have a coworker with an S6 edge he just bought and he had tempered glass and dropped it and hairline crack in it. However the edge with the goofy curves we all know it's more prone to breaking. I mainly want to protect the surface from scratches is why I have tempered glass. Falling onto pavement with a rock on top of it I don't expect the screen to survive.

Earlier this year my dad with his S5 in one of those platinum cases from best buy stumbled in the parking lot when we went out to eat and his new phone flew about 4.5 feet out of his front pocket face first onto the pavenment and not a scratch on the phone or case and he just had one of those protective film protectors over it and not tempered glass and it didn't break.
    12-16-2015 01:02 AM
    I completely agree with what OceanView says, it depends on how the phone lands. But, I'll chime in with my 2 cents anyway. I have the SupCase Unicorn Beetle Pro Rugged on my s6edge with absolutely no screen protection. I've dropped it 2x in parking lots and there is no damage to the phone or case.
    12-16-2015 01:06 AM
    I completely agree with what OceanView says, it depends on how the phone lands. But, I'll chime in with my 2 cents anyway. I have the SupCase Unicorn Beetle Pro Rugged on my s6edge with absolutely no screen protection. I've dropped it 2x in parking lots and there is no damage to the phone or case.
    I got that case as a backup since it was so cheap. I dont like the texture of the screen protector. The poetic has great protector from my s6 since it fits tight to the screen. I might order another case and rip off the tempered glass and order some cheap glass off amazon so that way if I don't like the built in one I'll use that then.
    12-16-2015 01:57 AM
    I don't use a protector, as Gorilla Glass 4 is mighty strong.
    I saw a story yesterday that the new Ford GT sportscar will have a Gorilla Glass windshield.
    12-16-2015 11:33 AM
    Tempered glass has saved me a few times now. Go to Amazon and spend the 15. Highly recommended them.

12-16-2015 01:23 PM
    So I ordered the revolution today along with a 2 pack of tempered screen protectors. I plan on using the Revoultion with the built in protector but if I don't like the case I'll go back to the Defender or the ARtech21 case I have with the screen protector ripped out already. I don't want to ruin the Revolution case by ripping it out so I will remove my tempered glass I got on it right now.

I also got a supcase and if I like the built in protector on it I'll use that too maybe.

I got a 2 pack of illumishield for 10 bucks. I've heard good things on here about them as well as reviews.
    12-16-2015 03:09 PM