Note 5 - Battery won't make it through the night

Laserbutt

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
My VZ note 5 never makes it through the night if the battery is around 50% or below. Its driving me crazy. Could it have anything to do with Nova?

Please Help!

Posted via the Android Central App

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: why won't she make it through the night?!

What does Battery usage show? It may reveal an app(s) running, or if cell signal is poor, the radio consuming power.

Laserbutt

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
What does Battery usage show? It may reveal an app(s) running, or if cell signal is poor, the radio consuming power.

It's shouldn't be cell signal, my wife has an one M8 and it makes it through the night no problem.

Attachments

• 2300.jpg
    2300.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 137

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site

There's a lot going on for a phone that is not in use. Cell standby at 17%, may mean that its searching for signal. Clicking on the Cell standby icon should reveal more info and show if there is some time without signal. What is also interesting is the Screen at 11%. Is there an app that lights up or wakes the screen frequently while the phone is not being used?

Laserbutt

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site

There's a lot going on for a phone that is not in use. Cell standby at 17%, may mean that its searching for signal. Clicking on the Cell standby icon should reveal more info and show if there is some time without signal. What is also interesting is the Screen at 11%. Is there an app that lights up or wakes the screen frequently while the phone is not being used?

Attachments

• 2307.jpg
    2307.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 229

Laserbutt

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site

Standby

Attachments

• 2303.jpg
    2303.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 223

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site

Thank you!

It seems your stand by and Android system ratios are substantially lower than mine. What am I doing wrong? Do I have a defective device. I'm leaning more on the probability of user error

My vz note5 shows the same high usage. I have read that verizon note 5's have the poorest standby. I noticed also that facebook and messenger will show up higher than other things, and i dont use them that much. I got rid of messenger and that helped me.

I am in an area w really good signal, my turbo 2 and my first turbo dont drain as fast, neither did my note 4.
I still think it has something to do w having verizons advanced calling setup.

Sent with my white Note5 with nonremovable back and no SDcard!

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site

DL Gsam. There you will be able to measure the strength of the cell signal and a more detailed list of app usage. Also might want to consider DLing and installing Doze.

Laserbutt

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site

DL Gsam. There you will be able to measure the strength of the cell signal and a more detailed list of app usage. Also might want to consider DLing and installing Doze.

What should I be looking for?

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site

Gsam has a graph that shows signal strength. It's the first icon at the bottom left of the screen and then you choose the phone signal tab. You are not losing signal but low signal strength can help tap your battery. Also you can go to settings/about device/status/sim card status and look at the signal strength. Anything over -100 dbms (triple digits) ain't gonna be helpful. Finally look at the main screen of Gsam and look at 'held awake'. I'm at 2%. If something is tapping your battery it's keeping your phone awake. Doze will shut background apps down while the phone is not in use.

hub1

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I just charge my phone over night so I can start the day with a full battery. I've done this with every phone I've had and never had any battery problems.

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
This is what mine looks like. My dbms sit at -100. Do you move around alot. Your phone signal fluctuates quite a bit.

4a4dd04fb04fc812694af91d66b77bab.jpg

Post this screen...

045a3defe1363c3a7b034171dde54260.jpg

Your phone looks like it's discharging very rapidly....might need to take it to your carrier's local store.