Hi all,

I've been reading and researching on which carrier's Note 5 to get and I could really use some guidance. I read the other night that AT&T's Note 5 has a spyware type program called Carrier IQ so I'm backing away from that version (I had planned to get AT&T's Note 5 and use it on Cricket). Verizon's Note 5 also works on T-Mobile but with no 4G data. Verizon has great coverage but their monthly service plan is expensive, and I am concern their phone is locked down to such a degree that it becomes useless on other carrier's network. I like versatility.

My initial plan was to get T-Mobile's version for the unlocked bootloader that gives the user more control over what programs to delete, but now I read where some on this forum say the International version is better?

I'm undecided and hope the more knowledgeable members here can point me in the right direction.
    12-16-2015 07:18 PM
    If I was in your situation, I'd go with T-Mobile if they have good coverage in your area or places you visit.
    12-17-2015 06:35 AM
    Hi all,

I've been reading and researching on which carrier's Note 5 to get and I could really use some guidance. I read the other night that AT&T's Note 5 has a spyware type program called Carrier IQ so I'm backing away from that version (I had planned to get AT&T's Note 5 and use it on Cricket). Verizon's Note 5 also works on T-Mobile but with no 4G data. Verizon has great coverage but their monthly service plan is expensive, and I am concern their phone is locked down to such a degree that it becomes useless on other carrier's network. I like versatility.

My initial plan was to get T-Mobile's version for the unlocked bootloader that gives the user more control over what programs to delete, but now I read where some on this forum say the International version is better?

I'm undecided and hope the more knowledgeable members here can point me in the right direction.
    I'd probably get the International version. A lot less bloatware I'd imagine. But do know if you're going with a carrier variant I'd buy the package disabler for like $1.95. It allows you to disable any package or app on the phone no matter what it is, though disable the wrong things you'll have to factory reset the phone to get it to work properly again. And on the matter of malware, no matter what variant you get once you start downloading apps you'll technically have some sort of malware or Spyware.. Just kinda forced to..

Samsung galaxy note 5 32GB
    Running 5.1.1
    On AT&T
    12-17-2015 11:51 AM