Galaxy Note 5, why can't I change my text alert on my lock screen?

A

AC Question

Galaxy Note 5 I Can't Change My Text Alert On My Lock Screen

So ever since I have a Galaxy Note 5 and I after I upgraded my phone to the recent update... Whenever I get a text message when my phone's screen is off, I get a pop up that shows a small square box (with the rest of my screen being black) and a preview of who sent the text and part of the message. I have T-Moble if that matters. My friend has At&t and his doesn't do the stupid box with the black screen alert... His is still normal.

I find it very irritating. Before it used to have the text message pop up with the normal lock screen as a little tab that would also have any email notices, missed calls, etc. This new alert only shows this small box in the center of the screen and the rest of the screen is black.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem? I want it to go back to how it was before, but after looking through the settings on the phone I have only been able to turn my text alerts On or Off, but not what the alert looks like.

Please help! Thanks!

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: Galaxy Note 5 I Can't Change My Text Alert On My Lock Screen

Mod Note, I will move this to the n5 forum for more visibility

vel7wil

May 17, 2010
Visit site

Messaging, more, settings, notifications, pop up display, try turning it off

Facemachine

Dec 22, 2015
Visit site

Kels.jpg

If I turn off the notification, then I don't get any alerts when I get a text message... This is what I am seeing right now, What I am trying to get my phone to do is alert me with this screen instead

Adams.jpg

rvhs03

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site

Is it only that app having this issue? If so, I would try clearing the cache on the messaging app. If that doesn't work, try to wipe the cache partition.

Posted via the Android Central App

KelseyRo4

May 11, 2015
Visit site
Are you using verizon's message+? If so, settings (in the message app), and turn off enable popup

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20