tempered glass screen protector

KelseyRo4

May 11, 2015
Visit site
I contacted zagg about this and they said they are aware of the problem. They offered to send me a different one free of charge :)

Posted via the Android Central App

PDX97229

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
So, what is the current feeling? Tempered Glass or just film? There is also a K-Guards®.PREMIUM on Amazon. Has anyone heard of it?

PDX97229

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
I really appreciate all the info everyone has supplied. Ultimately I always trusted Zagg, but installing glass isn't the same as installing film, and after all of the comments about halos and poor installations at Best Buy (where I was going to get mine installed) I decided to pass. After many grueling hours of research I decided on the Bodyguardz Screen Guards Pure. It probably isn't any better than the other glass guards out there, but they had all the right words in their ad so it seemed a cut above the other protectors. The biggest reason for me getting that one is that there website claims that it comes preinstalled in an Express Align tray. You just remove the protective cover and place your phone in the tray (after cleaning of course) and you get a perfect alignment. Funny thing though, when I received my protector it wasn't in any tray, just a paper sleeve. I contacted the company who confirmed that it should have been in the Express Align tray, so they sent me a replacement at no charge. They didn't even ask for the old one back. Unfortunately when my replacement arrived it was exactly the same as the first one I got. I guess I'll have to contact Bodyguardz again. This protector was not only one of the more expensive ones, their replacement policy if it breaks is only a 20% discount. Much more expensive than Zagg, who isn't cheap to begin with. I'm starting to think that I should just try to get my money back and go with Skinomi or Spigen.

PDX97229

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
This is the one I use, full screen protector and NO halo effect at all. Edge to edge. Perfect.

[Edge to Edge] SUPTECH Galaxy Note 5 Tempered Glass [Anti-fingerprints][Ultra-clear] Thinnest 0.26mm [Bubble Free] Samsung Note 5 Screen Protector Full Coverage (Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B015EETX2...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4955114
Wow! All I can say is perfect! Thanks so much for your reply. I have a Tech 21 Tactical case on mine. Since this protector is edge to edge I wonder if it will work with it. I'll have to check it out. I sure hope it works.

tanson1011

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Zagg glass is good. However I've gone through 2 replacements. Cost me 10 bucks cdn for shipping every time. I've been without a shield for almost month waiting for my replacement and my phone has been fine. I may just go without if this next one breaks.

PDX97229

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
Update: I checked it out and it has been reported that any case is likely to cause the edge of the SUPTECH Edge to Edge protector to lift. They do make one that isn't edge to edge for only $7.55. I guess I'll try that one. It doesn't have the alignment tabs (although I'm betting a removable label would work just fine), and I am concerned about edge chipping (which is probably an issue with any of the ones that don't go to the edge). If anyone has any experience with edge chipping (good or bad) I'd like to hear about it.

Last edited:

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I have a wallet case on mine and it is fine. No lifting so far and I've had it on for about a month. I hope you find one you like. 😊

Mr.Biggs03

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I have an zagg invisible shield and mines seems to be off a little. I think it's the way zagg cuts them because the S6 had the same problem at launch and they recalled the glass screens and then re released them

PDX97229

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your reply. There have been many complaints about the Zagg, so I have ruled it out. I'm going to get the SUPTECH.

PDX97229

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
I have a wallet case on mine and it is fine. No lifting so far and I've had it on for about a month. I hope you find one you like. ������
Thanks for your reply. I think the wallet cases are more protective of the phone, and screen protectors. Still, it's interesting that you are using the edge to edge and the case isn't putting pressure on the protector. I would prefer to use the edge to edge version, but I'm concerned that it will come off if I have to remove my case. The edge of my case snaps onto & over the edge of my phone right up to, but not over, the screen. How does your phone go into your case?

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for your reply. I think the wallet cases are more protective of the phone, and screen protectors. Still, it's interesting that you are using the edge to edge and the case isn't putting pressure on the protector. I would prefer to use the edge to edge version, but I'm concerned that it will come off if I have to remove my case. The edge of my case snaps onto & over the edge of my phone right up to, but not over, the screen. How does your phone go into your case?
It does not overlap the front edge of the phone. I have not taken the case off of the phone since I installed it, so I'm not sure if there would be a problem with my other cases including a battery case which did chip the edge of my old non edge to edge tempered glass screen protector, so I'm pretty sure it would affect this one. I'm thinking a plain regular TPU would work ok since they don't apply a lot of pressure like a battery case would. 😊

landyvlad

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
I've heard Gorilla Glass 4 is the best available? Anyone used this?

Where to buy? Anywhere inexpensive other than Amazon because they often won't ship to Australia.

sforsyth01

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
I've heard Gorilla Glass 4 is the best available? Anyone used this?

Where to buy? Anywhere inexpensive other than Amazon because they often won't ship to Australia.

Gorilla Glass 4 is the glass that is used to make the Galaxy Note 5, as well as many other smartphones. To my knowledge, you cannot get a screen protector made out of Gorilla Glass.

-Shawn
Noting the world one S-Pen at a time

landyvlad

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
AH OK that makes sense, thanks.

Anyone know if there area any issues using tempered glass screen protectors with UAG cases?

Looking at this one specifically "Extreme GT True Touch ScreenGuard " ( I can't post a link as <10 posts.)

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I got a glass protector from Amzer. The only flaw is a small bubble at the top that didn't work its way out. Otherwise, I like it.

robonik

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
For me, I would rather take a risk of a break or a scratch than put a screen protector on my phone. First, I use an excellent case, a Tech21 Tactical case which overlaps the front of the phone protecting the screen in a fall so long as it hits on the edge. Then I rely on the excellence of Gorilla Glass 4.

I have yet to scratch or break the screen on any of my many phones going back to my first smart phone, the Samsung Vibrant.

Watch the last one at your own risk:

sforsyth01

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
AH OK that makes sense, thanks.

Anyone know if there area any issues using tempered glass screen protectors with UAG cases?

Looking at this one specifically "Extreme GT True Touch ScreenGuard " ( I can't post a link as <10 posts.)

I can only speak for the zagg glass screen protector and can say that it leaves plenty of space for any case. No issues at all.

-Shawn
Noting the world one S-Pen at a time

PDX97229

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
For me, I would rather take a risk of a break or a scratch than put a screen protector on my phone. First, I use an excellent case, a Tech21 Tactical case which overlaps the front of the phone protecting the screen in a fall so long as it hits on the edge. Then I rely on the excellence of Gorilla Glass 4.

I have yet to scratch or break the screen on any of my many phones going back to my first smart phone, the Samsung Vibrant.
Thank you so much for your reply. I have the same case you have, and so far no screen issues, although I have only had the phone about 7 weeks. I have to admit that the information you have supplied makes me think that it's overkill to put a protector on. In the end it comes down to a replacement screen costing around $250 with loss of the use of the phone until it can be repaired, vs. the cost of a protector at between about $5 and $35. There are some great glass protectors at the very low end, so in MHO it is well worth the cost as insurance. I have always had protectors on my screens and never had any complaints with any of them, and none were glass. I really like the SUPTECH which only costs $7.55 at Amazon, and for $11.95 you can get the same thing with true Edge to Edge coverage. That's the direction I'm leaning in now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers