Why is my Note 5 fast charging not working well sometimes it work some times it doesn't??

A

AC Question

why is my note 5 fast charging not working well sometimes it work some times it dosnt??

do i need to update or something or what its killing me i switched from iphone to Samsung and i am starting to regret it .

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: why is my note 5 fast charging not working well sometimes it work some times it dosnt??

Mod Note, I will move this to the n5 forum for more visibility

JJ Jones

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Re: why is my note 5 fast charging not working well sometimes it work some times it dosnt??

You're starting to regret switching because your new phone doesn't ALWAYS do something your iPhone NEVER can do? Huh.

If the note battery is above a certain percentage, it won't fast charge. Not meant to.

Try a different cable. I've read more than a few complaints about the fast charge being inconsistent. Supposedly it's tied to the cheap build quality of the stock cable. I've been using one from my old LG G2 and it's been perfect.

If that doesn't solve it, call you're carrier or go back to the store and make arrangements for a replacement.

From my AT&T Platinum Gold Note 5

Bluejayy

Sep 26, 2015
Visit site

Change the USB thin cable that came with the phone. Everyone had this issue. I am using my galaxy s4 wire now everytime it fast charge.

Posted via the Android Central App

davidjan

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site

Correct. It should be cable issue. A good cable can charge fast.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site

It was the junk cable that came with it,i switched to my note 4 cable and never had a issue again. Side by side the cables are so different. The note 4 cord is twice as thick.

angrytentpole

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
I bought an aftermarket QC 3.0 charger and a cable from anker and it has gone from having to replug it 2-4 times to get fast charge, to 1-plug and bam I get fast charge.

robonik

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Until you get your heavier, better quality cable, try this: Leave the cable plugged into the phone, go the other end that has the USB male end and unplug it from the AC adapter. Then plug it back in and voila, fast charging. Works every time for me on my charger with the thinner cable.