S Note-- photo text to regular text?

tlo07

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I thought the Note 5 could do this. I took a photo of a recipe I found and want the text in the photo to be converted into regular, editable text and saved in S Note. I am able to get the photo into S Note but can't figure out how to convert it. Is it possible and how do I do it?

Also, what is the point of the Scrapbook? When would you use this instead of S Note? Anyone use this and what are you keeping in there?

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
You can open the picture with optical reader and select the text.
You can also use smart select and share it with Google goggles to get the text.

I use scrapbook to keep track of the images I cut out of other pictures so I can use them again later.

tlo07

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Ok. Thanks. I thought I had an optical reader on my Note 5 but I can't for the life of me find it in my apps. I used Google Goggles and that worked. I just thought the Note 5 could do that without a 3rd party app.

TheMatrix31

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Along this line, lately when I do a smart select of a text message with the pen (like a crop of a specific area, smaller than a full screenshot) and try to send that same photo via text message, it attaches the photo *and* puts whatever text is in the photo as regular text with it.

I'm using Textra.

Any way to change that? Just seemed to start recently.

pinkvikchick

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Scrapbook is weird at first, but the more I use it, the more I use it. I use it for mostly health, I take pictures of ingredients and then combine them, and then write in them how much I used. I scrapbook photos of before and after pics, compare screenshots of runs...

TheLastPanda

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
There is OCR built into the Samsung keyboard. Hold down the mic on the bottom left and select the one with T and camera next to it.

This will work anywhere you can enter text

uploadfromtaptalk1450812743095.jpg

flychinook

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Along this line, lately when I do a smart select of a text message with the pen (like a crop of a specific area, smaller than a full screenshot) and try to send that same photo via text message, it attaches the photo *and* puts whatever text is in the photo as regular text with it.

I'm using Textra.

Any way to change that? Just seemed to start recently.

Mine does this too (using Google Messenger). It's actually very annoying.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty