Using the stock messaging app.... Every time I get a new SMS, if I choose to go right into the SMS app and read the message as opposed to clicking on the notification itself first the notification doesn't go away until I go and clear it. Very annoying. Shouldn't it disappear as soon as the new message is read? Forgive me if I am missing something obvious.
    12-22-2015 10:58 AM
    Should have searched before posting. I found my answer. The problem persists because I am using Light Manager. I have to choose the lesser of two evils.... either deal with this for now until the app is updated, or turn it off and not have the kind of LED notifications I like. There's a check-box in Light Manager specifically for running on 5.1.1. With it checked this problem pops up. Without it checked there's no LED customization for stock apps. Oh well. I guess it is what it is for now.
    Should have searched before posting. I found my answer. The problem persists because I am using Light Manager. I have to choose the lesser of two evils.... either deal with this for now until the app is updated, or turn it off and not have the kind of LED notifications I like. There's a check-box in Light Manager specifically for running on 5.1.1. With it checked this problem pops up. Without it checked there's no LED customization for stock apps. Oh well. I guess it is what it is for now.
    vel7wil likes this.
    12-22-2015 11:04 AM
    Yep its the same for Light Flow...thanks to you I switched the Light Manager....I'd rather have the notification swipe problem have having to decided between light and no notification or no light and notification, especially when I have phone on silent or vibrate
    12-22-2015 12:33 PM
    I actually switched to Textra from the stock messaging app. Problem solved. If / when Light Manager gets updated to address this issue the option to switch back to the stock messaging app will be there. Until then, I am just fine with Textra. Actually I quite like it. Simple and fast.
    12-22-2015 01:08 PM