A few months ago I bought the s6 edge. Both phones broke within 2 weeks because the screen stopped rotating. Then I switched to the regular s6. Well, with all 3 phones the battery life was awful and they keep freezing and lagging. So, I went back to iphone. Now however, I missed all the awesome features that Samsung has so I decided to get the note 5. Well, with this phone, I am NOT having any of the issues that I used to have with the s6. The battery life is much better and the phone has not been lagging at all. Needless to say I am very happy that I went back to Samsung again. Just curious though, any ideas as to why the big discrepancy?

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-23-2015 02:43 AM
    A few months ago I bought the s6 edge. Both phones broke within 2 weeks because the screen stopped rotating. Then I switched to the regular s6. Well, with all 3 phones the battery life was awful and they keep freezing and lagging. So, I went back to iphone. Now however, I missed all the awesome features that Samsung has so I decided to get the note 5. Well, with this phone, I am NOT having any of the issues that I used to have with the s6. The battery life is much better and the phone has not been lagging at all. Needless to say I am very happy that I went back to Samsung again. Just curious though, any ideas as to why the big discrepancy?

Better processor
    More RAM
    Better optimization
    Note 5 is just a better phone
    12-23-2015 06:16 AM
    I came from the s6 and agree on all points, battery is much better. I am glad I made the upgrade.
    12-23-2015 07:27 AM
    Better processor
    More RAM
    Better optimization
    Note 5 is just a better phone
    They have the same processor.

Ryano89 and barondebxl like this.
    12-23-2015 08:43 AM
    I came from the s6 and agree on all points, battery is much better. I am glad I made the upgrade.
    Seriously! That was my biggest problem. I remember thinking what the hell is the point of having a phone that I'm too afraid to use because the battery will die. I also hated constantly having to adjust the settings in hope of getting more battery life, and checking the battery stats every day. I'm very glad I didn't give up on Samsung altogether. However, my iPhone 6s plus definitely had better battery life than the note 5, but for all the cool features, I'll sacrifice

12-23-2015 11:05 AM
    I have the S6 Edge for work and the note 5 for personal and all I have to say is hands down the note is a better. Faster, bigger, has the S pen, just to name a few......

play: Note 5 work:GS6 Edge
    Samsung Galaxy Gear & Gear S
    Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4
    Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
    Samsung Gear Circle
    Samsung Gear Level
    Samsung Gear VR
    12-23-2015 10:57 PM