Hey guys, I just barely got myself a galaxy note 5 for christmas and after fully charging it I messed around with it for a couple hours. By the time I was done, probably about 2 hours, I found that the battery life was at around 50%. I decided to try just letting it sit to see if it was maybe the screen to bright (I had it pretty bright) but by the end of the next day without me touching it, it was near zero percent. I looked online and it didn't seem like that was any problem with it. So I searched forever on how to lengthen the battery life and did everything. Didn't even make a dent. Any idea on what I should do? I've turned off autosync, installed greenify, got rid of all the motion gesture things, turned off auto brightness, I've tried all sorts of things. Do you guys think it's some sort of problem with the phone or.... Thanks in advance.
    12-23-2015 11:22 AM
    I don't know how to break this news to you but yeah it looks like your phone is broken you got a dud
    12-23-2015 11:40 AM
    There is a very long thread on battery life hear. Check it out.
    12-23-2015 11:41 AM
    When you set up a new phone, it's doing a whole lot of stuff in the background for awhile, even without you touching it. Give it a couple days to settle, then there may be issues.

From my AT&T Platinum Gold Note 5
    12-23-2015 12:08 PM
    Okay, thanks for your help and time!
    12-23-2015 02:08 PM
    Did you disable any of the apps that you know you won't use?
    It's one of the first things I did.
    12-23-2015 02:31 PM
    Battery life does get better within a few days and few more charges. I got pretty close to 5 hrs screen time regularly on my Note 5 when I had it. Happened with my new 6p also. Getting close to 6 hrs on that phone now and its been about a week.
    12-23-2015 03:41 PM
    My battery life has tanked the last couple days, dont know why. I havent changed anything.
    Ive done some texting and a few calls in 7pm, not much internet at all and i am at 75 percent at 10pm.

I probably jinxed myself when i said the dec update didnt affect battery lol.

Sent with my white Note5 with nonremovable back and no SDcard!
    12-27-2015 10:12 PM
    Anyone having trouble with the note 5 because of a Microsoft email exchange account and exchange services? It killed my battery life and made the phone hot and I had to take it out. However I have the same stuff on my tablet and it's not happening on that device. I was wondering if its the chip because I have the lg V 10 and I was wondering if the Samsung new phones had the same problem. I have the Snapdragon 808 and that could be a problem but maybe it's just exchange services because that was like at 60th 70% and I have a small live.com account which does not get a lot of emails.

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-28-2015 12:13 AM
    I find I get about 5 hours SOT. Wish I got more, but I've tweaked so much already that I'm no longer just enjoying the phone because I obsess over the battery

12-28-2015 12:14 AM
    I wonder if anyone has tried a FDR since the dec update to see if it helps. (No im not going to read through the 1k plus battery thread lol)

I want to love this phone. Even after getting my turbo2 on release day i just keep coming back to the note, ive loved them since i startes wnthe note2.. this one just doeant seem to be lasting as long after a couple months. ..

12-28-2015 07:39 AM
    What is the most browser-saving battery?
    What comes installed source is good or better install another?
    Also in relation to the battery, the best email app is original or is it better to install another?
    thank you
    12-28-2015 10:51 AM