06-03-2016 06:05 AM
159 12345 ...
tools
    This is my 1st note and it's by far the best phone I've owned. I use the Spen way more than I thought I would and I don't think I could go back to a phone without one. I've used almost every feature of the phone at one time or another. What most would call useless come in handy for the times you need them.

Just about all the major tech sites is crowning the 6P as phone of the year but I wouldn't trade my N5 for one. To me it's still the king of big phones and the features are the best for the screen size.
    01-04-2016 11:23 AM
    The 6p is a good phone. My microphone broke after a few days so I had to return it. For me though if your going to have a big phone. A phablet style phone it should have some extra features that enhance that screen and REAL ESTATE. The note 5 has those features I'm looking for and it preforms wonderfully.
    01-04-2016 11:49 AM
    What frustrates me the most, is that I look back on this thread and I realize how content I was with the Note 5 and now I look at my iPhone 6S Plus and the iPad Air 2 that I'm now typing this post on and I think, "What happened?" I still haven't a clue. Was very close to ringing in the New Year with my Note 5 as my all-in-one go to device. This addiction never ends.
    mumfoau, ladyc0524 and 2ndHalfCor like this.
    01-10-2016 08:27 AM
    Just get a Note 5, and keep your Apple gear. They both have great features and capabilities. There are probably some good deals on refurbished Note 5s at the carriers, or those available for sale online.
    01-10-2016 09:48 AM
    Just get a Note 5, and keep your Apple gear. They both have great features and capabilities. There are probably some good deals on refurbished Note 5s at the carriers, or those available for sale online.
    I still have the Note 5. It's in a drawer.
    01-10-2016 09:49 AM
    Nice!. Just move the SIM from your iPhone and you're back in business. I have an iPhone 6S also. I keep it as my "bridge" into the iOS and Apple ecosystem. Works great for staying in touch with iOS, and I can easily AirDrop photos to the kids iPads/iPhones, control Family Sharing, manage the Apple TV we have, etc. @Mumfoau posted a similar approach on a thread at iMore.

And as you know :-) Google has a great iOS set of apps, so its easy to stay "bridged" when using an iPad.
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    01-10-2016 09:55 AM
    Nice!. Just move the SIM from your iPhone and you're back in business. I have an iPhone 6S also. I keep it as my "bridge" into the iOS and Apple ecosystem. Works great for staying in touch with iOS, and I can easily AirDrop photos to the kids iPads/iPhones, control Family Sharing, manage the Apple TV we have, etc. @Mumfoau posted a similar approach on a thread at iMore.

And as you know :-) Google has a great iOS set of apps, so its easy to stay "bridged" when using an iPad.
    Sounds good. But I really don't work that way. It would be a lot easier for me if I could do that. But I'm fine with what I have for now.
    Trees likes this.
    01-10-2016 01:37 PM
    You should just get meds for that matching device OCD and stick with the Note 5 lol
    wlonsdale likes this.
    01-10-2016 01:39 PM
    I will be upgrading my Note 4 to the 64GB version of the Note 5 in February and I can't wait. A non removable battery and expandable storage are irrelevant to me. I really love how they improved the build quality, performance and battery life compared to the Note 4. It's a worthy upgrade IMO. I'm curious to see what Samsung will do with the Note 6.

Posted Via The AT&T Note 4
    areyes163 and faith3935 like this.
    01-10-2016 01:53 PM
    You should just get meds for that matching device OCD and stick with the Note 5 lol
    I know I know. It's a real problem.
    01-10-2016 08:11 PM
    How about a picture?
    Zero lemon looks like crap found this one on Amazon with more battery juice and slim profile only 30 bucks

PowerBear LLC
    3.5 out of 5 stars 37 Reviews
    PowerBear Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Extended Rechargeable Battery Case with 4200mAh Capacity (Up to 125% Extra Battery) - Black [24 Month Warranty & Screen Protector Included]
    01-11-2016 01:44 AM
    Zero lemon looks like crap found this one on Amazon with more battery juice and slim profile only 30 bucks

PowerBear LLC
    3.5 out of 5 stars 37 Reviews
    PowerBear Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Extended Rechargeable Battery Case with 4200mAh Capacity (Up to 125% Extra Battery) - Black [24 Month Warranty & Screen Protector Included]
    Can you use this and still charge the built in battery? How does that work? 3.5 stars is worrisome. Thanks though
    01-11-2016 11:58 AM
    Can you use this and still charge the built in battery? How does that work? 3.5 stars is worrisome. Thanks though
    I have not used this one i have used zero Lemmon and it just makes the phone awful bulky and ugly badly. I am looking for some YouTube vids on that one I found last night as the star ratings were not perfect but there were decent reviews within the write ups. I will post back with what I find on YouTube
    01-11-2016 12:03 PM
    I ever had my Note 5 since the beginning of October. It's been 110% awesome!

Fast and fluid as an iPhone!

I had the Note 2, Note 3, Note 4, and now the 5. I'm just a HUGE fan of the Note Series. There isn't a single phone out that I'd rather have.

And I also use the S-Pen all the time. It's excellent for doing "smart select" and texting people the selection. .. super easy! And I always use action memo to take quick notes.

I thought the lack of SD card and no removable battery would bother me.. but it's not a hindrance at all. I get great battery life and I just save pics and videos to my PC.

I will be getting the Note 6 when it comes out!!
    01-12-2016 11:33 PM
    I'm addicted with clicking my s pen
    01-13-2016 05:29 PM
    Switching to iPhone. Too many things annoy me with this phone. Love the S-pen features though. Had it since launch.
    01-18-2016 09:20 PM
    Switching to iPhone. Too many things annoy me with this phone. Love the S-pen features though. Had it since launch.
    What's annoying you?
    01-18-2016 10:16 PM
    I hope the iPhone works out for you. I bought the Note 5 at launch. I switched back to the iPhone after a short time but it didn't work out for me. I missed the Note 5 more.
    01-18-2016 11:34 PM
    What's annoying you?
    I was a long time nexus user than switched to the iPhone 6 plus last year. So I was used to how it worked and really feel it considers the user experience a priority.

Things I don't like about the note 5

- when using finger print scanner as security, your unable to quick reply to a message or change a podcast episode without unlocking. This is an issue for me as I wear nitrile gloves at work and would have to take my gloves off every time to unlock the phone and respond to message. So I no longer use the finger print scanner, which I enjoyed on the iPhone.

- don't like any keyboard on Android. Constantly making mistakes. (android issue)

- battery life isn't good but I have adjusted to that. Just have to charge during the day. Not a fan of spending time trying to figure out why and disabling things.... One of those user experience things Samsung has to consider.

- I'm unable to use netflix through chromecast on my phone. Have to use ipod. Maybe 1 out of 5 times it will work. (android issue for me)

- headphones experience is also crap. The button will stop music but sometimes will start it. But rarely does for me.

These are issues for me and may not be for everyone. I found the iPhone met more of my needs than the note 5 does.
    01-19-2016 09:00 AM
    I was a long time nexus user than switched to the iPhone 6 plus last year. So I was used to how it worked and really feel it considers the user experience a priority.

Things I don't like about the note 5

- when using finger print scanner as security, your unable to quick reply to a message or change a podcast episode without unlocking. This is an issue for me as I wear nitrile gloves at work and would have to take my gloves off every time to unlock the phone and respond to message. So I no longer use the finger print scanner, which I enjoyed on the iPhone.

- don't like any keyboard on Android. Constantly making mistakes. (android issue)

- battery life isn't good but I have adjusted to that. Just have to charge during the day. Not a fan of spending time trying to figure out why and disabling things.... One of those user experience things Samsung has to consider.

- I'm unable to use netflix through chromecast on my phone. Have to use ipod. Maybe 1 out of 5 times it will work. (android issue for me)

- headphones experience is also crap. The button will stop music but sometimes will start it. But rarely does for me.
    Those seem like significant issues.
    01-19-2016 09:02 AM
    I think it will prove to be the perfect phone for me at least most of the year. I don't know what is coming out next, but I did try the Nexus 6P for a couple weeks. I had two note 5's for 2 weeks each then the nexus 6P for 2 weeks. the one thing that flat out suffers by comparison is the fingerprint sensor on the Note 5. it is plain bad after coming from the 6P.

over all think it is a fit. I find the s-pen more useful than I would have thought. it is fast, great screen, easy to use, small in the hand (coupled with how slippery it is small is actually a bad thing in a way), the only size screen I am in the market for (maybe a 6 inches if it is done right, touch wiz is a wizard (especially after coming off of the Nexus), it is a great phone with minor to superficial flaws.

I am not in anyway impressed with the outside of the phone, except for the screen.
    I'm having some minor issues with speakerphone, portrait to panorama transitions, and some typing. all minor and I suspect fixable with an over the air update .

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-19-2016 07:45 PM
    I still have the Note 5. It's in a drawer.
    WAIT!! You switched back to iPhone? Why?
    01-20-2016 12:08 AM
    I haven't been a fan of Samsung phones since I got rid of my Note 3. I owed it for about 3 months. I decided to go give the Note 5 a shot a week ago since I've heard great things about it from a friend. I am shocked at how much I like this thing. Touchwiz isn't horrible, it's smooth, and my cousin thought I switched launchers since it looked so good. We will see if I keep it longer than 3 months. In the past 2 years I haven't owned a phone longer than 6 months.
    01-20-2016 09:33 AM
    WAIT!! You switched back to iPhone? Why?
    Because I'm smartphone addicted.
    2ndHalfCor likes this.
    01-20-2016 10:01 AM
    What iphone did you get doctordwayne? 6s or 6sp?
    01-20-2016 10:40 AM
159 12345 ...