06-03-2016 06:05 AM
159 ... 4567
tools
    If you ever want to "upgrade" try the note 4. All the smoothness and benefits of the note 5 but with a removable battery, sd card, and ir remote.
    Note 4 was a laggy mess, nothing even comparable to the Note 5.
    02-08-2016 07:32 PM
    Sorry for the delay in response, I havn't been on in a couple weeks. Just download the app "Perch" in the Google play store. Download it on every device you want to use it on (i use it as cameras on note 10.1 and s3 and as the feed receiver on my note 5).
    02-14-2016 06:13 PM
    Got mine friday. Upgraded from S4.

Like:
    Stylus. Screenwrite, smart select, save in scrapbook, doodle, etc.
    Display. One of the best, if not the best there is.
    Size. It's big, but not ridiculously big in my opinion. I don't find it bulky at all, and I'm a guy who has fairly small hands (compared to other guys my age).
    Touchwiz features. themes, power saving, ultimate power saving, one handed mode, do not disturb, etc.

Dislike:
    Sound management. There is a considerable amount of interference of bluetooth audio when listening inside, although it doesn't happen in the car. Also, the volume randomly lowers at times for no reason, as if I've received a message. and then a few minutes later decreases again. The annoyances are mostly at home, when usually I'd listen to music through the PC, so it's a minor gripe in the grand scheme of things. Problem might not entirely be with the note anyhow.

Haven't had a chance to use the camera yet, although I'm confident it will be great.
    02-15-2016 12:45 PM
    I think Note 5 is the best phone in this day
    jnew619 and Gray Area like this.
    02-15-2016 06:48 PM
    I think Note 5 is the best phone in this day
    It is, I love my Note 5. When the S7 is released, I may seriously think of getting it to replace my 6S that I use for my job. I'm sold on Samsung.
    Gray Area likes this.
    02-15-2016 07:17 PM
    LG is great also.
    02-15-2016 08:37 PM
    How is lag in the note 5 compared to generations before it. i.e. note 2 note 3.....
    And if you can tell me how the battery is also
    I never had a phone that didn't lag. I doubt I ever will. I have a LOT of apps and I sync all my email and calendars. With all those apps doing their thing in the background lag is inevitable. It's like all those folks who post their battery life with screen on for a week have no lag at all cuz their phones are doing nuthin.

That said I would love a note 5. I have a note 3 and although it lags everything works so I cannot justify paying full price on a note 5 64gb just to keep my vzw udp. If the full price note 5 went on sale I would grab one. There are enough defective ones out there that I wouldn't dare buy a used one only to have 2 foot bluetooth range.
    02-15-2016 09:00 PM
    I have a Note 5. Bluetooth range is great. More than 2 feet. What is this that people talk of?
    02-16-2016 10:09 AM
    I have a Note 5. Bluetooth range is great. More than 2 feet. What is this that people talk of?
    Most are fine. Some have this bug and only a new phone cures it. I've read the complaint often enough that I want a full warranty. Apparently it can happen any time for no particular reason. Once it does you're screwed. I wouldn't hesitate to buy a new or refurbished 5 as long as it came with full warranty. Then I add the extra warranty. I want to pay around $600 for a 64 gb model so need a sale or rebate deal to come along. Had hoped for one for vday or presidents day but no luck
    02-16-2016 02:43 PM
    The only real problem I'm having is Bluetooth audio metadata does not display on my car's headunit, and it worked just fine on my S4. Have tried spotify, google play, samsung music player app, etc.

Wondering if upgrade to Marshmellow (when available) might fix it. Or maybe the head unit of the car needs a software update...
    02-18-2016 12:05 PM
    Switched back to an Iphone 6S a few weeks back ... Can't say yet if I made the right decision. Also bought an Ipad Air 2
    05-01-2016 10:22 AM
    Switched back to an Iphone 6S a few weeks back ... Can't say yet if I made the right decision. Also bought an Ipad Air 2
    Good luck
    05-01-2016 11:10 AM
    So what made you switch back to the 6S? I'm a fan of both but I really don't think I could give up my Note.
    05-01-2016 02:06 PM
    So what made you switch back to the 6S? I'm a fan of both but I really don't think I could give up my Note.
    I switched back to the Note 5.
    cwbcpa and Trees like this.
    05-24-2016 08:27 AM
    I switched back to the Note 5.
    Sounds like you have the same struggles that I do. I'm using a 6s Plus right now for no reason other than I just wanted to. I will go back to the Note. I'm just deciding if I should just wait for the 6 or get another 5 since they can be found for cheap. I was very happy with 5.
    05-24-2016 08:31 AM
    Sounds like you have the same struggles that I do. I'm using a 6s Plus right now for no reason other than I just wanted to. I will go back to the Note. I'm just deciding if I should just wait for the 6 or get another 5 since they can be found for cheap. I was very happy with 5.
    I didn't really have struggles with the iPhone. I just felt like switching back to Android. So I went back to the Nexus 6. Then, I decided to go back to the Note 5. It has been really nice being back on the Note. I am waiting patiently for the Note 6.
    cwbcpa likes this.
    05-24-2016 08:42 AM
    I didn't really have struggles with the iPhone. I just felt like switching back to Android. So I went back to the Nexus 6. Then, I decided to go back to the Note 5. It has been really nice being back on the Note. I am waiting patiently for the Note 6.
    Sorry. I didn't mean it like that. I don't have any struggles with the iPhone either. That's not what I meant. I was just referring to going back and forth with iOS and android. I like both and enjoy different hints about both systems. Sounds like you do to.
    05-24-2016 08:45 AM
    Sorry. I didn't mean it like that. I don't have any struggles with the iPhone either. That's not what I meant. I was just referring to going back and forth with iOS and android. I like both and enjoy different hints about both systems. Sounds like you do to.
    I have been in a bad habit of switching back and forth, but I would like to stick with the Note series for a while. It's where I'm usually most comfortable. I enjoy an all-in-one device. And the Note 5 is the ultimate all- in-one device in my opinion.
    05-24-2016 08:51 AM
    I have been in a bad habit of switching back and forth, but I would like to stick with the Note series for a while. It's where I'm usually most comfortable. I enjoy an all-in-one device. And the Note 5 is the ultimate all- in-one device in my opinion.
    I agree.
    05-24-2016 08:52 AM
    It still amazes me how feature rich this smartphone is. There are so many things I feel I can do with it.
    05-24-2016 09:00 AM
    It still amazes me how feature rich this smartphone is. There are so many things I feel I can do with it.
    I know. I really appreciate how much it can do when I come back to iOS. The Note line has always been good but Touchwiz has really come a long way.
    05-24-2016 09:02 AM
    I'm sorry, but I laugh at you everytime you switch phones. I thought for sure you were sticking with the iPhone though . Lol
    05-24-2016 09:57 AM
    I'm sorry, but I laugh at you everytime you switch phones. I thought for sure you were sticking with the iPhone though . Lol
    You should laugh because it's tragically hilarious. It's perhaps the only area in my life where I'm consistently indecisive.
    05-24-2016 10:23 AM
    Believe it or not, I actually work for a telecom company and I choose to keep both an iPhone 6s plus and a note 5 in my arsenal. Keep in mind that I pay for both devices and they each have their pluses as to why I keep them. For some reason, I can not let go of my note. I have been a fan since the note 2 and have never looked back. In my opinion, Samsung is a major player in the handset game.
    cwbcpa likes this.
    05-24-2016 10:08 PM
    Starting with the Note 4 I decided to keep each Note from here on out.

I like the profile and speed of the 5 but I suspect my Note 4 will be chugging on long after the 5 has ceased to function. It's built like a battleship and with the replaceable battery I expect I'll always be able to reset it by pulling the battery. A problem that is often overlooked.
    drs155 likes this.
    05-25-2016 01:19 AM
159 ... 4567