Note 5 in the new year

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I got rid of all of my tech with the exception of my Note 5 of course. Didn't see the need for anything else.

Note in my house!!!
I keep all mine. Got an old iphone, razr maxx hd, thunderbolt, and a couple of ipads. All are hooked up to wifi andare used regularly, mostly as clock and weather devices.

Oh, almost forgot about my og droid in the bathroom downstairs.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I keep all mine. Got an old iphone, razr maxx hd, thunderbolt, and a couple of ipads. All are hooked up to wifi andare used regularly, mostly as clock and weather devices.

This is where I would say my usage is definitely odd. Once I have made a choice as to what device/ecosystem I'm ultimately going to use, I have to discard all other devices and services immediately. And when I say discard, I mean sell;)

Note in my house!!!

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
This is where I would say my usage is definitely odd. Once I have made a choice as to what device/ecosystem I'm ultimately going to use, I have to discard all other devices and services immediately. And when I say discard, I mean sell;)

Note in my house!!!
Eh.... My devices are usually 2 years old when I get a new one so their value to me (providing quick access in every room) is worth much more than the pittance I would get for a used 2+ year old phone. I also hate the hassel of selling and shipping.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Eh.... My devices are usually 2 years old when I get a new one so their value to me (providing quick access in every room) is worth much more than the pittance I would get for a used 2+ year old phone. I also hate the hassel of selling and shipping.

I agree with it being a hassle to sell and ship devices.That's one of the million reasons I am sticking with my Note 5.

Note in my house!!!

mush10

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
The one device I regret getting rid of is the original iPhone. Something about that one. Also have a soft spot for my Nokia 6682.

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site

I'm the same way, while I do sell a fair share of old devices I do keep my faves. For instance my galaxy s3 and my galaxy note 10.1 tablet are used as nanny cams. I also use the note 10.1 as my remote in the livingroom and audio /video Chromecast casting device. I have a little zte whirl that I use for my throwback one-handed text messaging when I don't feel like holding my note 5 or when its charging. Finally I have a Lenovo tab 2 a8 that I use for reading my books, mags and news.

Posted from my Beast Galaxy Note 5

DEVICE HISTORY (since they got smart)
PHONES: Galaxy Nexus, LG viper, Galaxy s3, HTC Evo 4g, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy s5, LG G-Flex, Galaxy Mega 6.3, Galaxy s6 edge, Galaxy Note 5. TABLETS: Galaxy Note 10.1 gt-n8013, Galaxy tab 3 7.0. Lenovo tab2 A8 50f WATCH: Galaxy gear

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm the same way, while I do sell a fair share of old devices I do keep my faves. For instance my galaxy s3 and my galaxy note 10.1 tablet are used as nanny cams. I also use the note 10.1 as my remote in the livingroom and audio /video Chromecast casting device. I have a little zte whirl that I use for my throwback one-handed text messaging when I don't feel like holding my note 5 or when its charging. Finally I have a Lenovo tab 2 a8 that I use for reading my books, mags and news.

PHONES: Galaxy Nexus, LG viper, Galaxy s3, HTC Evo 4g, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy s5, LG G-Flex, Galaxy Mega 6.3, Galaxy s6 edge, Galaxy Note 5. TABLETS: Galaxy Note 10.1 gt-n8013, Galaxy tab 3 7.0. Lenovo tab2 A8 50f WATCH: Galaxy gear
Can you connect remotely to those devices acting as nanny cams?

woodynorman

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
I have always had all Apple devices. iPhone, iPad, iMac, iPods....

Every once in a while I would get tempted to try an Android phone, only to go back to my iPhone within a couple weeks, until I got the Note 5. I love pretty much everything about the phone, except the battery. I use Evernote for work, and the Android app trumps the iPhone variety. Having the ability to pin notes and notebooks to the home screen is the clincher for me. What takes 8 presses on the iPhone, takes one touch on the Note 5. This has been so handy for me, that I got a Samsung 10" tab with sPen for Christmas :)

Now my family thinks I've lost it. I got them all hooked on Apple stuff, and now I am sporting all Android gear!.

woodynorman

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
I have always had all Apple devices. iPhone, iPad, iMac, iPods....

Every once in a while I would get tempted to try an Android phone, only to go back to my iPhone within a couple weeks, until I got the Note 5. I love pretty much everything about the phone, except the battery. I use Evernote for work, and the Android app trumps the iPhone variety. Having the ability to pin notes and notebooks to the home screen is the clincher for me. What takes 8 presses on the iPhone, takes one touch on the Note 5. This has been so handy for me, that I got a Samsung 10" tab with sPen for Christmas :)

Now my family thinks I've lost it. I got them all hooked on Apple stuff, and now I am sporting all Android gear!.

Paulette Palmieri

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
I have gone from the iPhone 6...to the lgg4 now I have the edge s6 edge for 2 months but I am thinking of getting the note 5 or the edge plus.so for people that had the edge before the note 5do you think the note is wayy better?

Posted via the Android Central App

woodynorman

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
I have gone from the iPhone 6...to the lgg4 now I have the edge s6 edge for 2 months but I am thinking of getting the note 5 or the edge plus.so for people that had the edge before the note 5do you think the note is wayy better?

I haven't had the edge, but the Note 5 is a great phone. If I didn't use the sPen so much, I might lean towards the S6 edge, but now that Ive gotten used to the pen I don't know if I could use anything else...

Lefty724

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
My New Year's resolution is no more devices for 2016!

I made that decision because I'm so happy with the Note 5!

Every once in a while, I'll go back to the iPhone 6 and it reminds me how badass the Note 5 really is.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

The Edge is gorgeous. For looks stick with it. Note 5 is the same phone with a stylus added. Do you need S Pen functions?

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Can you connect remotely to those devices acting as nanny cams?

yes using an app called perch. i use my note 5 where ever i am to turn on the other devices cams at home.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Cool. You feel this app is secure and the designer trustworthy? Wouldn't want anybody else to be able to remotely access my phones.

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site

I had the s6 edge prior to getting the note 5. I can say in my experience, the note 5 is a significant jump from the s6 edge. It's faster, smoother, and has more features that I use regularly. I don't regret the upgrade at all.

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Cool. You feel this app is secure and the designer trustworthy? Wouldn't want anybody else to be able to remotely access my phones.
Ive corresponded with the designer and they seem legit, the app is still in beta so more features will be rolling out i guess. I turn the cameras off unless I want to do a quick check in.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
It sounds great for guys like us with multiple devices but video is not encrypted so I am a little nervous of it at this time. I will keep an eye on reviews so I do appreciate you telling me about it. I'm just horrified about people in another country being able access my devices....maybe. i would love to be able to keep an eye on my home when away. I do use one Dlink remote camera but that is pointed outdoors so I don't care who sees the feed. Indoors is another matter.

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
It sounds great for guys like us with multiple devices but video is not encrypted so I am a little nervous of it at this time. I will keep an eye on reviews so I do appreciate you telling me about it. I'm just horrified about people in another country being able access my devices....maybe. i would love to be able to keep an eye on my home when away. I do use one Dlink remote camera but that is pointed outdoors so I don't care who sees the feed. Indoors is another matter.

I understand completely, so far I haven't noticed anything shady and I plan to add devices to point outside as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
emii