Note 5 in the new year

Miami1683

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
I actually went to a Moto X pure and let my note 5 sit for now. I'm hoping 6.0.1 fixed my concerns and asked me to order the device daily again

Lefty724

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Man, I just downloaded some documents, signed them, and emailed them back using write on pdf! Amazing!

Note 5 keeps impressing!

poppy

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
I'm very happy with the note 5, having tried a Nexus 6p for 9 days and returning it.
However if the rumours of a 6 inch S7 are true, I could be jumping ship 👌

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Depending on what the s7 is like I may try that but I like my note 5 a lot. Sending the 6p I was trying back.

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I tried the 6p. It was a good phone. But my microphone failed. I had to send it back. I am using my Note 5 again and feel most comfortable. I hear people complain about removable battery's and lack of a SD card but I don't need them. The note 5 is a excellent device on so many levels.

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
I am content with my Note 5, however I wish the device was a little smaller. I have small hands, but the one-handed operation helps some. I LOVE the screen real estate, plus I use the s-Pen all the time. Might be having some battery drain, but it may be the apps I keep open in the recent apps page, plus my SIM status is in the triple digits. YES that's bad, but I only get 2-3 bars where I live. I'm still a closet BlackBerry fan, and will see what they come up with for this year. If they or ANY other company would come up with a business stylus pen to come included with the device then I'd have my pick of the litter. IF BB make a full-touch Android powered BlackBerry with S-pen yeah I'd go that way. But, having a S-pen to carry around in the device itself and have it on hand 24/7 is pretty stellar.

Maye

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
This is my 1st note and it's by far the best phone I've owned. I use the Spen way more than I thought I would and I don't think I could go back to a phone without one. I've used almost every feature of the phone at one time or another. What most would call useless come in handy for the times you need them.

Just about all the major tech sites is crowning the 6P as phone of the year but I wouldn't trade my N5 for one. To me it's still the king of big phones and the features are the best for the screen size.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
The 6p is a good phone. My microphone broke after a few days so I had to return it. For me though if your going to have a big phone. A phablet style phone it should have some extra features that enhance that screen and REAL ESTATE. The note 5 has those features I'm looking for and it preforms wonderfully.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
What frustrates me the most, is that I look back on this thread and I realize how content I was with the Note 5 and now I look at my iPhone 6S Plus and the iPad Air 2 that I'm now typing this post on and I think, "What happened?" I still haven't a clue. Was very close to ringing in the New Year with my Note 5 as my all-in-one go to device. This addiction never ends.

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Just get a Note 5, and keep your Apple gear. They both have great features and capabilities. There are probably some good deals on refurbished Note 5s at the carriers, or those available for sale online.

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Nice!. Just move the SIM from your iPhone and you're back in business. I have an iPhone 6S also. I keep it as my "bridge" into the iOS and Apple ecosystem. Works great for staying in touch with iOS, and I can easily AirDrop photos to the kids iPads/iPhones, control Family Sharing, manage the Apple TV we have, etc. @Mumfoau posted a similar approach on a thread at iMore.

And as you know :) Google has a great iOS set of apps, so its easy to stay "bridged" when using an iPad.

Last edited:

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Nice!. Just move the SIM from your iPhone and you're back in business. I have an iPhone 6S also. I keep it as my "bridge" into the iOS and Apple ecosystem. Works great for staying in touch with iOS, and I can easily AirDrop photos to the kids iPads/iPhones, control Family Sharing, manage the Apple TV we have, etc. @Mumfoau posted a similar approach on a thread at iMore.

And as you know :) Google has a great iOS set of apps, so its easy to stay "bridged" when using an iPad.

Sounds good. But I really don't work that way. It would be a lot easier for me if I could do that. But I'm fine with what I have for now.

Dominick079

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
I will be upgrading my Note 4 to the 64GB version of the Note 5 in February and I can't wait. A non removable battery and expandable storage are irrelevant to me. I really love how they improved the build quality, performance and battery life compared to the Note 4. It's a worthy upgrade IMO. I'm curious to see what Samsung will do with the Note 6.

Posted Via The AT&T Note 4

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
How about a picture?

Zero lemon looks like crap found this one on Amazon with more battery juice and slim profile only 30 bucks

PowerBear LLC
3.5 out of 5 stars 37 Reviews
PowerBear Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Extended Rechargeable Battery Case with 4200mAh Capacity (Up to 125% Extra Battery) - Black [24 Month Warranty & Screen Protector Included]