Note 5 in the new year

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Zero lemon looks like crap found this one on Amazon with more battery juice and slim profile only 30 bucks

PowerBear LLC
3.5 out of 5 stars 37 Reviews
PowerBear Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Extended Rechargeable Battery Case with 4200mAh Capacity (Up to 125% Extra Battery) - Black [24 Month Warranty & Screen Protector Included]
Can you use this and still charge the built in battery? How does that work? 3.5 stars is worrisome. Thanks though

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
Can you use this and still charge the built in battery? How does that work? 3.5 stars is worrisome. Thanks though

I have not used this one i have used zero Lemmon and it just makes the phone awful bulky and ugly badly. I am looking for some YouTube vids on that one I found last night as the star ratings were not perfect but there were decent reviews within the write ups. I will post back with what I find on YouTube

dcooper830

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
I ever had my Note 5 since the beginning of October. It's been 110% awesome!

Fast and fluid as an iPhone!

I had the Note 2, Note 3, Note 4, and now the 5. I'm just a HUGE fan of the Note Series. There isn't a single phone out that I'd rather have.

And I also use the S-Pen all the time. It's excellent for doing "smart select" and texting people the selection. .. super easy! And I always use action memo to take quick notes.

I thought the lack of SD card and no removable battery would bother me.. but it's not a hindrance at all. I get great battery life and I just save pics and videos to my PC.

I will be getting the Note 6 when it comes out!! :)

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I hope the iPhone works out for you. I bought the Note 5 at launch. I switched back to the iPhone after a short time but it didn't work out for me. I missed the Note 5 more.

tanson1011

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
What's annoying you?
I was a long time nexus user than switched to the iPhone 6 plus last year. So I was used to how it worked and really feel it considers the user experience a priority.

Things I don't like about the note 5

- when using finger print scanner as security, your unable to quick reply to a message or change a podcast episode without unlocking. This is an issue for me as I wear nitrile gloves at work and would have to take my gloves off every time to unlock the phone and respond to message. So I no longer use the finger print scanner, which I enjoyed on the iPhone.

- don't like any keyboard on Android. Constantly making mistakes. (android issue)

- battery life isn't good but I have adjusted to that. Just have to charge during the day. Not a fan of spending time trying to figure out why and disabling things.... One of those user experience things Samsung has to consider.

- I'm unable to use netflix through chromecast on my phone. Have to use ipod. Maybe 1 out of 5 times it will work. (android issue for me)

- headphones experience is also crap. The button will stop music but sometimes will start it. But rarely does for me.

These are issues for me and may not be for everyone. I found the iPhone met more of my needs than the note 5 does.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I was a long time nexus user than switched to the iPhone 6 plus last year. So I was used to how it worked and really feel it considers the user experience a priority.

Things I don't like about the note 5

- when using finger print scanner as security, your unable to quick reply to a message or change a podcast episode without unlocking. This is an issue for me as I wear nitrile gloves at work and would have to take my gloves off every time to unlock the phone and respond to message. So I no longer use the finger print scanner, which I enjoyed on the iPhone.

- don't like any keyboard on Android. Constantly making mistakes. (android issue)

- battery life isn't good but I have adjusted to that. Just have to charge during the day. Not a fan of spending time trying to figure out why and disabling things.... One of those user experience things Samsung has to consider.

- I'm unable to use netflix through chromecast on my phone. Have to use ipod. Maybe 1 out of 5 times it will work. (android issue for me)

- headphones experience is also crap. The button will stop music but sometimes will start it. But rarely does for me.

Those seem like significant issues.

DamienP

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
I think it will prove to be the perfect phone for me at least most of the year. I don't know what is coming out next, but I did try the Nexus 6P for a couple weeks. I had two note 5's for 2 weeks each then the nexus 6P for 2 weeks. the one thing that flat out suffers by comparison is the fingerprint sensor on the Note 5. it is plain bad after coming from the 6P.

over all think it is a fit. I find the s-pen more useful than I would have thought. it is fast, great screen, easy to use, small in the hand (coupled with how slippery it is small is actually a bad thing in a way), the only size screen I am in the market for (maybe a 6 inches if it is done right, touch wiz is a wizard (especially after coming off of the Nexus), it is a great phone with minor to superficial flaws.

I am not in anyway impressed with the outside of the phone, except for the screen.
I'm having some minor issues with speakerphone, portrait to panorama transitions, and some typing. all minor and I suspect fixable with an over the air update .

Posted via the Android Central App

dnalevelc

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site
I haven't been a fan of Samsung phones since I got rid of my Note 3. I owed it for about 3 months. I decided to go give the Note 5 a shot a week ago since I've heard great things about it from a friend. I am shocked at how much I like this thing. Touchwiz isn't horrible, it's smooth, and my cousin thought I switched launchers since it looked so good. We will see if I keep it longer than 3 months. In the past 2 years I haven't owned a phone longer than 6 months.

Eddster

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Because I'm smartphone addicted.

Well you know I went back to using my iPhone 6s Plus as my daily driver over my Note 5 about 2 months ago. And yes, I DO understand how you feel about using the iPhone and iPad together. I've accepted that I likely won't ever be able to break free of Apple.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Well you know I went back to using my iPhone 6s Plus as my daily driver over my Note 5 about 2 months ago. And yes, I DO understand how you feel about using the iPhone and iPad together. I've accepted that I likely won't ever be able to break free of Apple.

I'm actually learning how to use my iPhone in a different way. Was looking into some HomeKit products. Wanted to see how those would work for me. Like I had posted earlier, I had begun using the spotlight search feature a lot now. And that alone has changed the way I use the phone. I heard on a podcast that an iPhone user put all of their apps in one folder and just used spotlight search for everything. I haven't used 3D Touch as much as I want to. But I am remembering to use it more and more. The iPhone is feature rich. Just like any smartphone you have to explore it. So I'm starting to have a lot of fun with my iPhone. And still loving my iPad.

Eddster

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
That kind of sucks man...
Don't say ever :)

Well that's true. Let's just say I haven't been successful at it yet. I've tried with the Note 2, Note 3, and Note 5. Each time I ended up going back to my iPhone. I have a Nexus 6 as well. There are always just little things I miss about how iOS works and one BIG thing...iMessage.

sergiu.m

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Well that's true. Let's just say I haven't been successful at it yet. I've tried with the Note 2, Note 3, and Note 5. Each time I ended up going back to my iPhone. I have a Nexus 6 as well. There are always just little things I miss about how iOS works and one BIG thing...iMessage.
Imessage is awesome, miss it alot but I started using Whatsapp and it somewhat suits my needs.
Have fun with the New Apple man, maybe you will give it another go with the Note6 ..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc