Note 5 in the new year

dnalevelc

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site
I thought about getting the iPhone 6s plus, but I love using LastPass. in my experience, it doesn't seem to play as well on iPhones due to it needing to use it's own browser. I might have switched if I could use it with Chrome.

**Wouldn't you know it. it works with Chrome now.**

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
That was the same day I got my iPad Air 2. I had gotten my iPhone 6S Plus just a few days earlier. I still have my Note 5 sitting in the drawer. I was thinking about firing it up one more time.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Yeah it is a great combo. Everyone had different needs though and is nice to come here and see the varying opinions and get different perspectives on things. Great community here.

tsparks1

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I love my Note 5 but have to go with my iPhone 6S+, I just can't break away from my Apple watch. Can't stand Android Wear. I have a developer license with Apple as well and love running the betas. Betat 9.3 is really nice. Just wish I could get updates on my Note as quickly as with Apple .

chrisforpm

Jan 26, 2015
Visit site
I'm an iPhone user and have been since 2008. In the past few years I've dabbled a bit into android (HTC one M8 and Nexus 6). I've always eyed the note series and never pulled the plug (I wasn't a fan of the cheap feel Samsung's used to have). Now that the note 5 is available and has a gorgeous, solid build I'm thinking about getting a second phone. Just looking for thoughts from people who own two devices, how are your experiences? Do you use one more than the other? How has the note held up after months of use? Thoughts are appreciated as i want to confirm my choice.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
So, I'm at a conference and two people sitting next to me at the table have Notes. They are using their s-pens and I'm starting to feel envious. Now I have the urge to fire up my Note 5 that's sitting in a drawer at home.

sergiu.m

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I can't believe I'm saying this especially with my obsession to imessage, but I got so used to the note5 and started liking it so much I wouldn't turn back to the old Iphone ( had a 6+ )

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I can't believe I'm saying this especially with my obsession to imessage, but I got so used to the note5 and started liking it so much I wouldn't turn back to the old Iphone ( had a 6+ )

I can certainly understand that. The Note 5 is a great smartphone. I think the iPhone is great too. I'm going to do s side by side comparison when I get home this afternoon. There are some things I would like to test out.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Please do and get back to us. Maybe a short vid or something.

I did take the Note 5 out of the drawer last night and played with it for a while. I did some comparisons in performance and the results were basically what I had expected. One of the things that I noticed was that the Note 5 did feel smaller and lighter in my hand. That could be due to the case that I had on both smartphones though. One thing that shocked me was the difference in the screen. I have been touting the amazing quality of the Note 5 screen for a while now. But side by side with my iPhone 6S plus it wasn't that much better. The color does look nice on the Note 5, but the difference in clarity was difficult to discern. The only areas in performance that differed between the two was in wifi performance and gaming. Those two areas were significantly in favor of the iPhone 6S Plus. One of the things I missed about the Note 5 was the keyboard with the number row at the top. I played around with the s-pen a little and it was nice. I missed it. But, I have discovered that 3D Touch does do some of the same things. Other things that I didn't test that I know are difference makers to a lot of people are battery life and camera. The battery life on my iPhone is a lot better than the Note 5. On a average day, I take my phone off the charger at 7am and I don't come home until 11:45pm. With the Note 5 without any power saving modifications, my phone is dead by 8 pm which is really good. With my iPhone, at 11:45 pm I have 30 percent left. That's huge. The camera on both are great. But the Note 5 camera for pictures and videos is just better. And the double tap of the home button is very convenient. As far as the software, I think that they have become very close to each other. Just the look and feel are different. However, there is an iOS feature that I have come to love and am starting to think I can't get along without and that's spotlight search. It really is the best feature on iOS to me. I use it for everything. And I mean everything.

sergiu.m

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Hey thanks for your reply.
I guess it's safe to say you will stick to the apple at least for a few months. Planning on selling the note?

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Hey thanks for your reply.
I guess it's safe to say you will stick to the apple at least for a few months. Planning on selling the note?

I don't think that I will be selling the Note 5 anytime soon. I just have a feeling that I will want to use it again.
374dd919591d4f546b4f5fe9db9a190b.jpg
f8bee560d5373249d6e13903123843f4.jpg
80fb7610dccd2592a5fb145efa304188.jpg

nizmoz

Banned
Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I did take the Note 5 out of the drawer last night and played with it for a while. I did some comparisons in performance and the results were basically what I had expected. One of the things that I noticed was that the Note 5 did feel smaller and lighter in my hand. That could be due to the case that I had on both smartphones though. One thing that shocked me was the difference in the screen. I have been touting the amazing quality of the Note 5 screen for a while now. But side by side with my iPhone 6S plus it wasn't that much better. The color does look nice on the Note 5, but the difference in clarity was difficult to discern. The only areas in performance that differed between the two was in wifi performance and gaming. Those two areas were significantly in favor of the iPhone 6S Plus. One of the things I missed about the Note 5 was the keyboard with the number row at the top. I played around with the s-pen a little and it was nice. I missed it. But, I have discovered that 3D Touch does do some of the same things. Other things that I didn't test that I know are difference makers to a lot of people are battery life and camera. The battery life on my iPhone is a lot better than the Note 5. On a average day, I take my phone off the charger at 7am and I don't come home until 11:45pm. With the Note 5 without any power saving modifications, my phone is dead by 8 pm which is really good. With my iPhone, at 11:45 pm I have 30 percent left. That's huge. The camera on both are great. But the Note 5 camera for pictures and videos is just better. And the double tap of the home button is very convenient. As far as the software, I think that they have become very close to each other. Just the look and feel are different. However, there is an iOS feature that I have come to love and am starting to think I can't get along without and that's spotlight search. It really is the best feature on iOS to me. I use it for everything. And I mean everything.
I have owned both the 6s plus and now note 5 and do not agree with your screen comments. The note 5 kills the iPhone by a mile with clarity, sharpness, color, and brightness. . You are the first person I have seen say the opposite.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I have owned both the 6s plus and now note 5 and do not agree with your screen comments. The note 5 kills the iPhone by a mile with clarity, sharpness, color, and brightness. . You are the first person I have seen say the opposite.
I'm not really saying the opposite. I just don't see a h urge enough difference between the two as it relates to clarity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463