Note 5 in the new year

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
So, I have been playing around with my Note 5 for a couple of days now and have become enamored with it all over again. Have not put it down.

john_ath

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
I cannot understand how you compare the iphone 6s plus with a note5....its the same thing comparing a VW with a Ferrari....
not only in specs, hardware, screen etc... but note5 is also a much more beautiful device..!

Posted via my SM-N920C

chrisforpm

Jan 26, 2015
Visit site
I ended up taking the leap and got myself a note 5 yesterday. It's taking a bit of time to get used to but so far I love this device. My first impression of the s-pen is that I don't know how I've lived without it for so long. I'm now thinking about selling my iPhone 6s+ but I'll make that decision in 2 weeks.

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
How is lag in the note 5 compared to generations before it. i.e. note 2 note 3.....
And if you can tell me how the battery is also

nizmoz

Banned
Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
How is lag in the note 5 compared to generations before it. i.e. note 2 note 3.....
And if you can tell me how the battery is also
None. . Both my 3 and 4 lagged pretty bad and was the reason I kept going back to the iPhone. . The note 5 has none and I have no reason to go back.

Battery was better on the 6s plus though.

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm the same way, while I do sell a fair share of old devices I do keep my faves. For instance my galaxy s3 and my galaxy note 10.1 tablet are used as nanny cams.

Seriously? I GOTTA find out how you do this! Can this be done via straight Wi-Fi no data plans for these devices? Do you have a link for instructions you can share?

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I was a long time nexus user than switched to the iPhone 6 plus last year. So I was used to how it worked and really feel it considers the user experience a priority.

Things I don't like about the note 5

- when using finger print scanner as security, your unable to quick reply to a message or change a podcast episode without unlocking. This is an issue for me as I wear nitrile gloves at work and would have to take my gloves off every time to unlock the phone and respond to message. So I no longer use the finger print scanner, which I enjoyed on the iPhone.

- don't like any keyboard on Android. Constantly making mistakes. (android issue)

- battery life isn't good but I have adjusted to that. Just have to charge during the day. Not a fan of spending time trying to figure out why and disabling things.... One of those user experience things Samsung has to consider.

- I'm unable to use netflix through chromecast on my phone. Have to use ipod. Maybe 1 out of 5 times it will work. (android issue for me)

- headphones experience is also crap. The button will stop music but sometimes will start it. But rarely does for me.

These are issues for me and may not be for everyone. I found the iPhone met more of my needs than the note 5 does.
Try SwiftKey. I use it on every phone cuz I never seem to like what comes with it.

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
I found the note 5 and iPad combo works great for me.

That's what I'm doing too. I owned the 6 Plus for several months after owning nothing but Androids. The best thing I liked about the iPhone.....great resale value. :) Everyone is different....in the end I got tired of looking at an Android app drawer every day and the way iOS handles Amazon. Which I use alot. And very poor keyboard swipe implementation which I use exclusively. And there's widgets, and.........:cool:

Eddster

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
I ended up taking the leap and got myself a note 5 yesterday. It's taking a bit of time to get used to but so far I love this device. My first impression of the s-pen is that I don't know how I've lived without it for so long. I'm now thinking about selling my iPhone 6s+ but I'll make that decision in 2 weeks.

Welcome to the club. I have both phones as well. I was absolutely enamored with my Note 5 once I finally got my hands on a gold one. Then, like clockwork, I started to miss my iPhone too much and went back to using it as my daily driver. I was carrying both for a while, but now I leave the Note at home most days. The Note is very nice, but the iPhone has a hold on me. I can't be without iMessage. The problem is that I have too many friends who use it. If all my friends were on Android then it would he a non-issue. Perhaps when all the carriers finally roll out RCS messaging that'll do the trick. For now, iMessage it is.

Posted via the Android Central App

chrisforpm

Jan 26, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to the club. I have both phones as well. I was absolutely enamored with my Note 5 once I finally got my hands on a gold one. Then, like clockwork, I started to miss my iPhone too much and went back to using it as my daily driver. I was carrying both for a while, but now I leave the Note at home most days. The Note is very nice, but the iPhone has a hold on me. I can't be without iMessage. The problem is that I have too many friends who use it. If all my friends were on Android then it would he a non-issue. Perhaps when all the carriers finally roll out RCS messaging that'll do the trick. For now, iMessage it is.

Posted via the Android Central App
I know where you are coming from. Love my note but not ready to give up my iPhone. Imessage is the biggest thing that I miss daily. I could see myself using both for a long time.

Last edited:

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Like a fool, I gave up my Note 5, and bought an iPhone 6s Plus. Well, that ended quickly, three days. Back to my Note 5 today. iOS is so locked down, ugh!!!

chrisforpm

Jan 26, 2015
Visit site
Like a fool, I gave up my Note 5, and bought an iPhone 6s Plus. Well, that ended quickly, three days. Back to my Note 5 today. iOS is so locked down, ugh!!!
I have realized that I can't choose between the two. So I'm gonna try using both and maybe eventually make a choice. I can see why you had a hard time giving up the Note 5. It's an amazing phone.

jnew619

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
I think I know the feeling using the Samsung promotion the ultimate test drive being on ios for a while was cool but it's pretty nice being on this note 5 not sure what I'm going to do when these. 30 days are up

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site

Oh boy. I know the feeling. I have been with my iPhone 6S Plus/iPad Air 2 combo for almost a couple of months now and I have reluctantly stuck with it. I have played around with my Note 5 for a couple of days. But it has since gone back into the drawer. I'm really not certain what my long-term goal is going to be, but for now I'm iOS all the way.

chrisforpm

Jan 26, 2015
Visit site
Oh boy. I know the feeling. I have been with my iPhone 6S Plus/iPad Air 2 combo for almost a couple of months now and I have reluctantly stuck with it. I have played around with my Note 5 for a couple of days. But it has since gone back into the drawer. I'm really not certain what my long-term goal is going to be, but for now I'm iOS all the way.

Ahh this is my dilemma. I have had the note 5 for a week, I find myself enjoying the device but not as much as my iPhone 6s+. Things I like so far with the note 5 - it's different, love the screen, love tinkering with widgets and setting it up as I want it.

Things i dislike - battery life is horrendous compared to my iPhone. I use my 6s+ more than my N5 and my iphone will be at 70% and the note is at 40%. I miss iMessage and the iPhone just works. I can consume media and just use it and it's perfect. I don't feel I can use the note in the same way. I'm always tinkering with settings and such. It's fun but it will get old quickly.

I'm thinking of returning the note before my 2 weeks is up. Great hardware but the software is not up to par yet.

jnew619

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
Idk I'm liking this note 5 a lot tho coming from just a 6 plus I guess I can't really compare.. I like them both and sure you can't use the note 5 the same way you use the iPhone but that's understandable there's more tinkering with the note so of course it gets old or you keep doing different things and with ios it's nothing really what you see is what you get dosent really get deeper then that but in the end apples and oranges... Both great phones if I was able to I would buy both.

Eddster

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Ahh this is my dilemma. I have had the note 5 for a week, I find myself enjoying the device but not as much as my iPhone 6s+. Things I like so far with the note 5 - it's different, love the screen, love tinkering with widgets and setting it up as I want it.

Things i dislike - battery life is horrendous compared to my iPhone. I use my 6s+ more than my N5 and my iphone will be at 70% and the note is at 40%. I miss iMessage and the iPhone just works. I can consume media and just use it and it's perfect. I don't feel I can use the note in the same way. I'm always tinkering with settings and such. It's fun but it will get old quickly.

I'm thinking of returning the note before my 2 weeks is up. Great hardware but the software is not up to par yet.

Yep. I've gone back to using my iPhone 6s Plus as my daily driver for the reasons that you state. iMessage is a major factor, plus the overall ease of use. One thing that burns me up is trying to play video on news sites and such. The video doesn't always play on the Note 5 whether I use chrome or the stock browser and you can't always go fullscreen. I've found that the web browsing experience is just more polished on iOS. I'm probably going to sell the Note 5. I still have a Nexus 6 if I suddenly get the urge to use Android for something.

chrisforpm

Jan 26, 2015
Visit site
Yep. I've gone back to using my iPhone 6s Plus as my daily driver for the reasons that you state. iMessage is a major factor, plus the overall ease of use. One thing that burns me up is trying to play video on news sites and such. The video doesn't always play on the Note 5 whether I use chrome or the stock browser and you can't always go fullscreen. I've found that the web browsing experience is just more polished on iOS. I'm probably going to sell the Note 5. I still have a Nexus 6 if I suddenly get the urge to use Android for something.

You bring up a great point about web browsing. I hate using bookmarks with chrome. Unless I'm missing something, it's a hassle to open them up. I am going to try the stock browser to see if it makes a difference.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke