Note 5 in the new year

bable

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
If you ever want to "upgrade" try the note 4. All the smoothness and benefits of the note 5 but with a removable battery, sd card, and ir remote.

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
The stock browser has come a long way....I replaced Chrome with it. Not a fan of Safari. Missing the google search autofill options which are very cool and convenient. Also when you click on something pointing to Amazon you have to wait until it boots up the Amazon app and then you have to back click to get back into Safari. Very clumsy IMO. iOS I've found not to be very friendly to Amazon in general. Much more efficiently integrated in Android and I use Amazon (books, shopping) alot.

JJ Jones

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
You bring up a great point about web browsing. I hate using bookmarks with chrome. Unless I'm missing something, it's a hassle to open them up. I am going to try the stock browser to see if it makes a difference.

Been using the stock browser exclusively for about a month now. It does seem to use a little more battery than chrome in my experience, but the feature make up for it in my opinion.
I love the quick access on the home page, much better than chromes bookmarks.
My favorite part is that the stock browser let's you use fingerprints to sign in instead of always entering a password. Chrome doesn't compare in that aspect.

From my AT&T Platinum Gold Note 5

chrisforpm

Jan 26, 2015
Visit site
Been using the stock browser exclusively for about a month now. It does seem to use a little more battery than chrome in my experience, but the feature make up for it in my opinion.
I love the quick access on the home page, much better than chromes bookmarks.
My favorite part is that the stock browser let's you use fingerprints to sign in instead of always entering a password. Chrome doesn't compare in that aspect.

From my AT&T Platinum Gold Note 5
Thanks for the tip - I'll try it out. I am using Firefox and it's better IMO. The stock browser looks like it has potential.

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Sorry for the delay in response, I havn't been on in a couple weeks. Just download the app "Perch" in the Google play store. Download it on every device you want to use it on (i use it as cameras on note 10.1 and s3 and as the feed receiver on my note 5).

KillerNut

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Got mine friday. Upgraded from S4.

Like:
Stylus. Screenwrite, smart select, save in scrapbook, doodle, etc.
Display. One of the best, if not the best there is.
Size. It's big, but not ridiculously big in my opinion. I don't find it bulky at all, and I'm a guy who has fairly small hands (compared to other guys my age).
Touchwiz features. themes, power saving, ultimate power saving, one handed mode, do not disturb, etc.

Dislike:
Sound management. There is a considerable amount of interference of bluetooth audio when listening inside, although it doesn't happen in the car. Also, the volume randomly lowers at times for no reason, as if I've received a message. and then a few minutes later decreases again. The annoyances are mostly at home, when usually I'd listen to music through the PC, so it's a minor gripe in the grand scheme of things. Problem might not entirely be with the note anyhow.

Haven't had a chance to use the camera yet, although I'm confident it will be great.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
How is lag in the note 5 compared to generations before it. i.e. note 2 note 3.....
And if you can tell me how the battery is also
I never had a phone that didn't lag. I doubt I ever will. I have a LOT of apps and I sync all my email and calendars. With all those apps doing their thing in the background lag is inevitable. It's like all those folks who post their battery life with screen on for a week have no lag at all cuz their phones are doing nuthin.

That said I would love a note 5. I have a note 3 and although it lags everything works so I cannot justify paying full price on a note 5 64gb just to keep my vzw udp. If the full price note 5 went on sale I would grab one. There are enough defective ones out there that I wouldn't dare buy a used one only to have 2 foot bluetooth range.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I have a Note 5. Bluetooth range is great. More than 2 feet. What is this that people talk of?
Most are fine. Some have this bug and only a new phone cures it. I've read the complaint often enough that I want a full warranty. Apparently it can happen any time for no particular reason. Once it does you're screwed. I wouldn't hesitate to buy a new or refurbished 5 as long as it came with full warranty. Then I add the extra warranty. I want to pay around $600 for a 64 gb model so need a sale or rebate deal to come along. Had hoped for one for vday or presidents day but no luck

KillerNut

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
The only real problem I'm having is Bluetooth audio metadata does not display on my car's headunit, and it worked just fine on my S4. Have tried spotify, google play, samsung music player app, etc.

Wondering if upgrade to Marshmellow (when available) might fix it. Or maybe the head unit of the car needs a software update...

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I switched back to the Note 5.

Sounds like you have the same struggles that I do. I'm using a 6s Plus right now for no reason other than I just wanted to. I will go back to the Note. I'm just deciding if I should just wait for the 6 or get another 5 since they can be found for cheap. I was very happy with 5.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Sounds like you have the same struggles that I do. I'm using a 6s Plus right now for no reason other than I just wanted to. I will go back to the Note. I'm just deciding if I should just wait for the 6 or get another 5 since they can be found for cheap. I was very happy with 5.

I didn't really have struggles with the iPhone. I just felt like switching back to Android. So I went back to the Nexus 6. Then, I decided to go back to the Note 5. It has been really nice being back on the Note. I am waiting patiently for the Note 6.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan