06-03-2016 06:05 AM
159 123 ...
tools
    Didn't think I would last this long with the Note 5. So after a few months with the device coming from a 13-day stint with the iPhone 6s and a year with the iPad Air 2, I think I have found a keeper in the Note 5. It is my smartphone, tablet, and laptop all in one device. I have had urges to try other smartphones, tablets, etc. But the brilliance of the Note 5 has allowed me to avoid succumbing to temptation. So I'm looking forward to 2016 being a Samsung / Android only year. Anyone else going into the new year perfectly content with their Note 5 or are you looking to switch it up?

Note in my house!!!
    Gray Area, hub1, OceanView and 3 others like this.
    12-23-2015 07:38 PM
    I'm with ya. I'm very happy with my Note 5. It keeps surprising me with all that it can do. I didn't think I would appreciate it this much.
    12-23-2015 08:36 PM
    I'm with you too. Probably the longest time I haven't wanted a new phone. I actually got the Nexus 6p and enjoy the Note 5 much more. Sending the 6p back. I know I'll get killed on here but I thing I actually like TouchWiz better.

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-23-2015 08:41 PM
    I agree, I use TouchWiz also. It's much better than it used to be.
    12-23-2015 08:54 PM
    The note 5 is just a perfect phone to me and it became even more evident when I recently accepted a new job and was in a situation where I needed to fill out some forms quickly and email them back to the human resources department. I was able to download all the forms, fill out all the forms using PDF writer, save the newly filled out forms as a PDF file. Then email them to the human resources department along with supporting documents that I took a picture of using my genius scan app. Great phone, great productivity tool, great camera, still love the phone and I've had it since launch day.

Posted from my Beast Galaxy Note 5

DEVICE HISTORY (since they got smart)
    PHONES: Galaxy Nexus, LG viper, Galaxy s3, HTC Evo 4g, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy s5, LG G-Flex, Galaxy Mega 6.3, Galaxy s6 edge, Galaxy Note 5. TABLETS: Galaxy Note 10.1 gt-n8013, Galaxy tab 3 7.0. Lenovo tab2 A8 50f WATCH: Galaxy gear
    12-23-2015 09:10 PM
    I'm with you too. Probably the longest time I haven't wanted a new phone. I actually got the Nexus 6p and enjoy the Note 5 much more. Sending the 6p back. I know I'll get killed on here but I thing I actually like TouchWiz better.

It's OK to enjoy the additional functions that tw brings to the table. Pure Android is great but after using a Samsung phone and then trying pure Android again I always feel like I'm missing out on something.

Posted from my Beast Galaxy Note 5

DEVICE HISTORY (since they got smart)
    PHONES: Galaxy Nexus, LG viper, Galaxy s3, HTC Evo 4g, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy s5, LG G-Flex, Galaxy Mega 6.3, Galaxy s6 edge, Galaxy Note 5. TABLETS: Galaxy Note 10.1 gt-n8013, Galaxy tab 3 7.0. Lenovo tab2 A8 50f WATCH: Galaxy gear
    12-23-2015 09:12 PM
    Coming from the iPhone 6 Plus, I must admit that the Note 5 is definitely a keeper!

12-23-2015 09:27 PM
    I agree, I use TouchWiz also. It's much better than it used to be.
    I've actually always have been a fan of Touch Wiz. Love the features.

Note in my house!!!
    12-23-2015 10:28 PM
    Actually Note 5 is a great device so far this year. I am okey with my Note 5. Looking for better next year. lol
    12-24-2015 03:57 AM
    I really think that 2016 is going to bring some special things in the smartphone industry. 4k displays, new iPhone redesign, BlackBerry Passport running Android, and I'm predicting a Sony Nexus.

Note in my house!!!
    12-24-2015 04:18 AM
    I came from a Droid Turbo. In all honesty, I'd always been anti Samsung because, well, just because. A friend of mine got the Note 5 and let me check it out. I was so impressed I decided to get one myself.

I don't get quite the same battery life as my Turbo, but I didn't expect to since the Turbo is a smaller screen and bigger battery. However, the sheer performance of the Note, the beautiful display, and the in-hand feel of the Note more than make up for it. Not to mention the vastly superior camera.

My hat off to Samsung for making an amazing device.

From my AT&T Platinum Gold Note 5
    12-24-2015 04:59 AM
    I've actually always have been a fan of Touch Wiz. Love the features.

Note in my house!!!
    I just can't stand the inability to rotate screens rather than stack them up on one side.
    12-24-2015 02:05 PM
    I did receive a Zerolemon battery case today. Now I have double the battery. Merry Christmas to me.

Note in my house!!!
    12-24-2015 02:58 PM
    Coming from the iPhone 6 Plus, I must admit that the Note 5 is definitely a keeper!

Same here. I had the 6s plus. The only thing I miss about it is the battery life

12-24-2015 03:01 PM
    I have to agree with all I have read here. This phone is amazing. TouchWiz is also great. It has come such a long way.

Chris Williams8 likes this.
    12-24-2015 03:56 PM
    Same here. I had the 6s plus. The only thing I miss about it is the battery life

Try a battery case.

Note in my house!!!
    12-24-2015 04:00 PM
    I did receive a Zerolemon battery case today. Now I have double the battery. Merry Christmas to me.

Note in my house!!!
    How about a picture?
    12-25-2015 09:40 AM
    How about a picture?
    I can take a picture of just the case. But I only have one device to take a pic with

Note in my house!!!
    12-25-2015 04:01 PM
    I can take a picture of just the case. But I only have one device to take a pic with

Note in my house!!!
    LOL, No old iphones around? I'll look online. Prolly lots of pics there.
    12-25-2015 04:02 PM
    LOL, No old iphones around? I'll look online. Prolly lots of pics there.
    I got rid of all of my tech with the exception of my Note 5 of course. Didn't see the need for anything else.

Note in my house!!!
    12-25-2015 05:43 PM
    Love my Note 5, no regrets.
    12-25-2015 05:45 PM
    I got rid of all of my tech with the exception of my Note 5 of course. Didn't see the need for anything else.

Note in my house!!!
    I keep all mine. Got an old iphone, razr maxx hd, thunderbolt, and a couple of ipads. All are hooked up to wifi andare used regularly, mostly as clock and weather devices.

Oh, almost forgot about my og droid in the bathroom downstairs.
    12-25-2015 05:46 PM
    I keep all mine. Got an old iphone, razr maxx hd, thunderbolt, and a couple of ipads. All are hooked up to wifi andare used regularly, mostly as clock and weather devices.

Oh, almost forgot about my og droid in the bathroom downstairs.
    This is where I would say my usage is definitely odd. Once I have made a choice as to what device/ecosystem I'm ultimately going to use, I have to discard all other devices and services immediately. And when I say discard, I mean sell

Note in my house!!!
    12-25-2015 09:16 PM
    This is where I would say my usage is definitely odd. Once I have made a choice as to what device/ecosystem I'm ultimately going to use, I have to discard all other devices and services immediately. And when I say discard, I mean sell

Note in my house!!!
    Eh.... My devices are usually 2 years old when I get a new one so their value to me (providing quick access in every room) is worth much more than the pittance I would get for a used 2+ year old phone. I also hate the hassel of selling and shipping.
    12-25-2015 09:19 PM
    Eh.... My devices are usually 2 years old when I get a new one so their value to me (providing quick access in every room) is worth much more than the pittance I would get for a used 2+ year old phone. I also hate the hassel of selling and shipping.
    I agree with it being a hassle to sell and ship devices.That's one of the million reasons I am sticking with my Note 5.

Note in my house!!!
    Gray Area likes this.
    12-25-2015 09:21 PM
159 123 ...