Question about text messaging

armallard

Dec 8, 2015
Visit site
Can anybody tell me how to get my text alert come come through while I'm on a call. The text shows up but I can not hear it when it does hope this makes since. BTW I get the alert when Not on the phone. Any ideas?

gozirra

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Open the phone dialer app (the green icon), click More, Settings, in the Call Settings section click on Call Alerts, then the last item says "Notify During Calls" - turn that on and you'll hear your notifications even when on a call.

gozirra

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Did you try a different notification sound? And turn up the notification volume? Those are the only three things that would prevent this from working.

armallard

Dec 8, 2015
Visit site
I guess samsung changed those things on the new phones because I tried that and still nothing. If you happen to think about some different let me know... I appreciate the ideas you already mentioned.

gozirra

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Does it also do it in Safe Mode? If so, it's likely something in the OS and/or a Settings error, a Factory Reset may fix it. If you get your notification sounds while on a call while in Safe Mode, it's likely an app interfering. Have you given any other apps "control" of your notifications? Note that a Factory Reset WILL erase all your Apps and Settings. If you do a Factory Reset, make sure you follow the guides on site as you can lock yourself out of your phone if you don't follow directions. And make sure you don't "auto restore" your apps, reinstall them one or two at a time, then test to see if your notification sounds work while on a call. If so, restore a couple more, etc. Trying to isolate which app is causing this.

gozirra

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Power the phone down. Completely off (hold the power key and then choose Power Off). Then, hold down and keep held down, the Volume Down Key and then power up the phone. Keep that Volume Down key held. Once the phone comes up completely, THEN you can release the Volume Down Key. If you did it right, the bottom left corner of your screen should say SAFE MODE. This loads up the phone with NO third party apps, just the base OS running. Test out whatever you need to test out with no apps running. Then, pull down the notification shade when you're done, and you'll see a notification that says, "Safe Mode is on. Tap to turn off Safe Mode". Tap it. This will restart the phone back in Normal Mode, which will load up all your autostart apps again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22