Is there a tempered glass screen protector that's 100% guaranteed not to have the halo effect?

badkitties

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Is there a tempered glass screen protector that's 100% guaranteed not to have the halo effect?

I had a Zagg one that went on fine, no halo... but I somehow got a crack on it after 3 months.

I went to the Verizon corporate store and bought another one for $26(after discount). I've put on at least 7 or 8 of these Zagg glass screen protectors on the Note 5s for myself and other family members. Only two had halos....

The latest one had halo immediately and I couldn't get rid of it no matter what. I went back to the Verizon store and ask them if they could put it on and not have the halo effect. Two employees said "absolutely!" so I let them try it. After 6 different ones, they gave up. I didn't have to pay. I guess they wrote off the cost of 6 protectors? I felt kind of bad for them and even told them to give up after the 3rd one... but they continued... :

I came how with a Note 5 unprotected.

Now I'm wondering what to do.... :( Perhaps I should order one from a difference and hope for one that's from a different batch? Or are there other tempered glass screen protectors that I should look into?

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
Instead of letting Verizon rip you off for replacement zagg protectors, register you protector with Zagg.com and they will send you FREE replacements as they warranty these for life. I just put one on with no halo.

KelseyRo4

May 11, 2015
Visit site
Instead of letting Verizon rip you off for replacement zagg protectors, register you protector with Zagg.com and they will send you FREE replacements as they warranty these for life. I just put one on with no halo.

I contacted zagg about this issue. They offered to send me an HDX one instead, because they "are aware" of the problem.

Posted via the Android Central App

badkitties

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site

already did that... Zagg replaced it twice for me... both had halos, which is why I went to the VZW to see if they have better luck.

like I said, I had almost no problems with the other 7 Zagg glass protectors that I put on my own Note 5 and others belonging to friends/family. But those were all from 2 to 3 months ago. I wonder if the recent batches have changed? :(

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
I got mine last week. It akes some time to get it right. It will halo when you put it on and then you have to go around the outside edges pressing your thumb down and holding it for 15-20 seconds to get the halo to go away. It is a pain, but not much they can do when the manufacturers curve the screens. I hope you have better luck.

Cwey55

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
I've just accepted it as the nature of the beast because of the tiny little curved ledge around the edge of the glass. Every single one I've tried has done it including the Zagg I bought at and had Verizon store install. Currently using a Stalion from Amazon and while it doesn't actually cover edge to edge, it seems to halo less because of that.

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
OP: if you tire of trying to make tempered glass work, just go buy a good film protector.
Sure, I understand that having a layer of glass on glass offers great protection, but film protects wonderfully as well.
Plus, no halo.
Plus, nothing to distract from the gorgeous design/look of your N5.

I went with film after using a bunch of glass protectors and never looked back. If glass is an issue, just buy film.

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
I bought a pack of two ballistic glass screens for the Note 5 off of Amazon, Jetech and the screen went on smoothly, no halo and a positive experience.

Two screens cost about fifteen bucks or so.

Tahoe916

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
I got a Puregear Flexible glass installed at the Tmobile store when I bought it and no halo effect. I was only going to pay for it if it was a perfect install.

Latest posts

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante